• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

So How Do You Back-Up Your Site?

Phil Boyd

Chevereto Member
So I'm use to using various tools and plugins to back up my Wordpress sites and databases but I'm not sure how to go about backing up my Chevereto site.
What methods do you guys use to backup your Chevereto site and all the images contained therein?

On Linux server you can install automysqlbackup and use Rsync with the --delete flag to backup the Chevereto files and the SQL dumb from automysqlbackup.

mysqldump script for the db with the respective name and date, rsync for the files/images and the database. All to a different server in a different DC and country.

So I'm use to using various tools and plugins to back up my Wordpress sites and databases but I'm not sure how to go about backing up my Chevereto site.
What methods do you guys use to backup your Chevereto site and all the images contained therein?
If you tell us a little about your hosting you will find the replies more useful, is it shared? VPS? Windows? Linux? any control panel installed?

If you tell us a little about your hosting you will find the replies more useful, is it shared? VPS? Windows? Linux? any control panel installed?

Thanks....
It's shared hosting, Linux, I'm pretty sure and I do have Cpanel. I've recently started using Backblaze as external storage but 90% of the images are still on the shared hosting server.

On shared hosting your options are fairly limited, cPanel has a backup feature it just may be a paid addon from the host, and another thing with shared hosting, even if the host says you have unlimited space/bandwidth eventually they will tell you you’re using too much space and/or bandwidth, image hosting sites can grow very fast.

The suggestions above like rsync etc cannot be used on a shared host, migration to VPS is best then your backup options are unlimited, and there are many free web control panels with built in features for file and database backups you can install to make life easier, such as ispconfig, webmin, CWP etc

On shared hosting your options are fairly limited, cPanel has a backup feature it just may be a paid addon from the host, and another thing with shared hosting, even if the host says you have unlimited space/bandwidth eventually they will tell you you’re using too much space and/or bandwidth, image hosting sites can grow very fast.

The suggestions above like rsync etc cannot be used on a shared host, migration to VPS is best then your backup options are unlimited, and there are many free web control panels with built in features for file and database backups you can install to make life easier, such as ispconfig, webmin, CWP etc
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I know I don't get a whole lot of options with the Shared Hosting deal. As far as the "unlimited" features - yeah, I know about that too. But as of now my host has assured me it isn't a problem yet. The scope of the site isn't really large so I don't have an exorbitated amount of images and in the past I've actually just used FTP to back everything up.
I'll look more into your suggestions. Can you recommend a free web control panel?

Back