• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Slow Opening of Remotely Hosted Images

SaviorConnect

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

Images stored remotely on platforms such as Wasabi open slowly. I don't mean that the image itself loads slowly (the image opens instantly if I open the URL to it directly on the cloud service) but that the page load TTFB takes 3-4 seconds on Chevereto (see attached image for performance waterfall). Alternatively, I have also tested uploading files to be stored locally and the page loads are nearly instant with no delay. The issue only occurs on remotely hosted images (note, I have not tested FTP remotely hosted images).

I will appreciate a solution to this issue as TTFB times this high are seriously problematic.

Thank you in advanced for your assistance! Blessings!

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Upload image to remote service.
  2. Open page containing image or even the home page of the site. There is a 3-4 second TTFB when using remotely stored images. However, the image loads instantly if I use the direct URL and bypass Chevereto (the point being is that it's not due to the remote service providing slow serving of the media as you can see in my screenshot.).
  3. Additionally, when scrolling down the pages the images load rapidly. It is only the TTFB that becomes high when storing images remotely.
😢Unexpected result

Images stored remotely on platforms such as Wasabi open slowly.

📃Error log message

See attached image.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
There's nothing causing a 3-4 second TTFB for external stored content, I checked it and in my tests the TFFB is exactly the same:

1586186216361.png
LOCAL (left) vs B2 (right).

I suggest you to try to isolate the issue properly by removing any other possible causes (like to many peers or high website activity). I checked the code and there's no process or anything extra being made when the image is on external storage so I really doubt that the issue you report is caused by external storage.

Note: I also compared in the demo with the similar results.

Rodolfo,

I see, that is correct on my system too. I discovered it was the order I was testing.

However, I still need to find out why my TTFB is so high. As for load on the system, there is essentially none. I have tested it on both my VMWare systems and I even deployed a dedicated server at LiquidWeb with a Gold CPU (16 core), 128 GB of memory, and 4 SSDs in RAID 10 & 2 SSDs in RAID 1 for MySQL. The same performance issue with TTFB was occurring there too.

I also noticed that the load times are significantly slower if I am logged into the site.

Can you offer any advice?

I really appreciate your continued assistance.

Blessings,
Steven Dunn

Perhaps is just the register shutdown function, Chevereto runs any pending operation that way.

I'm afraid that you will have to isolate the issue on your own. Like I said I reviewed the code (the whole upload process) and I didn't find anything odd.

Back