• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Site move due to host change.

Drifter

Chevereto Member
Pro
So I have changed hosting and while I don't have a huge test site there is a lot of modifications and images I don't want to have to fix from scratch via new install.

I can install and run a fresh installation so the hosting seems to function as intended including cron. I did initially attempt to carry the site over manually. So, what I have done at this point;

Moved the site including all files and the sql database.

Searched for a resolution to getting the site working here. The nearest post I could find related is at https://chevereto.com/community/threads/moving-to-a-different-web-host.11399/

Modified the file to change database credentials for the new database. ENV if I recall?

Anyways, the site would only load the main url but would not allow any access to admin or other functions. It did show all the image "pointers" at one point but not the actual images. I read another post here that it is likely due to the "salt" key. I understand that part. I just cannot seem to get it to fully function. I have no idea where I can add / edit it for the new installation.

Has anyone done a successful move? If so, what did you do? Best practices? "Man I hate that title"... but wondering if this should be entered into documentation / RFC. Sorry if this isn't posted where it should be but seemed a good fit to start a conversation. Not an install issue nor software just something not very clear for me at this point.

Thank you to anyone helping in advance.

I have done lots of host changes. Since you said only the main page is working, and others are not working. It should be related to .htaccess if you are using apache or litespeed. If it is nginx check nginx.conf.

I have done lots of host changes. Since you said only the main page is working, and others are not working. It should be related to .htaccess if you are using apache or litespeed. If it is nginx check nginx.conf.

Not really sure whats up. I don't see anything obvious in the .ht. I brought the whole site over again with a new database and immediately stop with a 403. Cannot access anything at this point.

To add, deleted both .ht files. One in the main file structure and another in a directory. It allows some of the site to work but not the rest. Still messing with things at this point.

Last edited:
So for whatever reason, after I pulled a fresh download of files from here and uploaded the .htaccess files replacing the originals everything is functioning great. Added Cloudfare as well so very happy with how things are going. Thank you @siddharth for pointing me in the appropriate direction. It is appreciated. 👍

Back