• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Site crashed after 3.8.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
i did automatic update, the last message i saw was "Installing" and since then site is offline.
Cpu load is low, I/O is low and its taking already 2 hours. after that i tried restart php-fpm, nginx, mysql nothing helped. I suspect this update cant handle large databases and is somehow looping, or whats worse damaged my database ( happened already once with one update) . Someone got idea how to get it done at least to the last stable version?
thanx

EDIT: in sql stats i see more than 500 processes with status "updating" with duplicate sql queries

UPDATE `chv_users` SET user_followers = user_followers - COALESCE((SELECT 1 FROM `chv_follows` WHERE follow_user_id = 9256 AND user_id = follow_followed_user_id AND follow_user_id <> follow_followed_user_id GROUP BY follow_followed_user_id),"0")

and

UPDATE `chv_users` SET user_likes = user_likes - COALESCE((SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `chv_likes` WHERE like_user_id = 9255 AND user_id = like_content_user_id AND like_user_id <> like_content_user_id GROUP BY like_content_user_id),"0")

Last edited:
1. Always enable debug level 3 to really understand what's going on. Everything else are just suppositions that needs to be confirmed.

2. This is update didn't change the database structure so is incorrect to assume that it can handle a large database.

3. Most likely there is something being missed or a file cache is causing issues

The only way to detect what's going on is login to the server and perform some tests. Send ssh access to inbox@chevereto.com and I will take a look.

Last edited:
Read the update file and run the MySQL commands from bash? Might have a better result.

In this case the update didn't changed anything on the database. Well, it depends if the base system was running an old version.

I assume that everybody always run the last version. That's the best way to run Chevereto.

I assume that everybody always run the last version. That's the best way to run Chevereto.
I normally wait till 2-3 versions are out then update... Or at least until some time that there are no major bugs reported/all have been patched.

I normally wait till 2-3 versions are out then update... Or at least until some time that there are no major bugs reported/all have been patched.

yes that is of course smart but i doubt there is some other img hosting server based on chev with comparable size. This means if it works on 99% servers, on the upper 1% it still can fail.

This is software, there is always something to fix. I develop a product for a huge audience, it is impossible to ship perfect releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back