• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Share links

adam000

Chevereto Member
hi, how can I delete some of the share links for good? I tried to change this file: share_links.sample.php but this didn't work for me, any ideas? thanks

You mean like Reddit and those kind of buttons? You don't need to edit the sample, you need share_links.php alone, without ".sample".

ok, so in google chrome's devtool I can see the whole html structure, but I can't find the right html file to edit what I want, there are only .php files, how can I find the right file to edit html code? thanks

The instructions are very simple:

You can use these files to inject/add any code you want in this theme.

By default this file includes examples like "footer.sample.php" which must be renamed to "footer.php" to work properly.
The same goes for "header.sample.php" -> "header.php", "style.sample.css" -> "style.css", etc.
Basically, the structure is file.sample.ext so you must remove ".sample" from the filename

footer.sample.php -> Bundled example
footer.php -> Real file to be included

This file is located at app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks/use_this_to_customize.txt

So, basically... share_links.sample.php is a SAMPLE not the actual file that will be included. You need to actually create a file named share_links.php with the buttons that you want. For example, lets say that I only want to have twitter as a share button, this is the code:

PHP:
<?php
/** Use this file to customize the order and the behaviour of the share links used by the share button **/
global $share_links_networks;
$share_links_networks = array(
    'twitter'    => array(
        'url'    => 'https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?original_referer=%URL%&url=%URL%&via=%TWITTER%&text=%TITLE%',
        'label' => 'Twitter'
    ),
);

app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks/share_links.php

Got it now?

Back