Shall i buy now V3.X or shall i wait for V4?

Bassel

Core license
License owner
Hi,

I havent tried or tested chevereto yet, im thinking to buy a license but im unsure if i should be buying it now or wait V4 gets released.

Any suggestion and idea when V4 will be released?

Thanks
 

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Hi @Bassel

I'm aware that many persons are wondering the same, and the answer is quite easy: Do you need an image hosting right now or not? If the answer is "yes" then you shouldn't wait for V4. Waiting for V4 should be a thing only when it gets announced and I will do that about 3-4 months before its release. All those waiting for V4 are doing a futile effort as I don't have an idea yet on when it will be released.

One may say, "why this guy doesn't have a release schedule!" and I think that is because I'm an indie developer with limited resources. I don't have the resources neither the intention to drive it that way with deadlines, planned ROI, etc. I believe that software must be first an altruist development effort, not a business. In any case, I think that after V4 I will be able to provide better release schedule, and don't handle everything in a closed chest as now.

The work is still in progress, for both V4 and V3 which is getting a new release this week with support for automatic importing and several other stuff. In case you don't know, V3 has LTS until November 2022 so it will keep getting regular updates.

I think that if you are willing to support my work then you don't need a version number. I'm always delivering software, trying to give you more than you paid for, and if the paid option is not attractive enough you can always use my free stuff.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.
 

Bassel

Core license
License owner
Thank you for your response, that was clear enough. If the new release will be in 4 months then yeah its worth buying now, maybe once you release the latest V3. If i will ever use your script, i will surely buy it and not download a free version because you have spent alot of time, effort and liquidity to maintain your product.

Thank you
 

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Thank you for your support, however I must address this information:

the new release will be in 4 months
That's wrong. V4 won't be released in 4 months from now.
Waiting for V4 should be a thing only when it gets announced and I will do that about 3-4 months before its release.
It literally means: "I will announce V4 3-4 months before its release". I never said it will be in 4 months, I said that the release date will be announced 3-4 months before of that given date đź‘Ť
 

CMedia_de

Founder license
Beta tester
Thank you for your support, however I must address this information:


That's wrong. V4 won't be released in 4 months from now.

It literally means: "I will announce V4 3-4 months before its release". I never said it will be in 4 months, I said that the release date will be announced 3-4 months before of that given date đź‘Ť
cute :) V3 is perfect for start - V4 will be the awesome software a lot of people are waiting for....
 

Bassel

Core license
License owner
Thank you for your support, however I must address this information:


That's wrong. V4 won't be released in 4 months from now.

It literally means: "I will announce V4 3-4 months before its release". I never said it will be in 4 months, I said that the release date will be announced 3-4 months before of that given date đź‘Ť
Excuse my misunderstanding, I thought once you will announce it it will be available to purchase. Now the picture is more clearer. Thanks!
 

yamiacaveman

Network license
License owner
I'd wait or better yet check out a different script. I'm not impressed. So far Latest version does not work with PHP version 7.3 PHP version 7.4 is now released, so this product is falling behind already. Bugs - just to mention one - Sign up -- I tried to sign up my son, then my wife - sign up would not change until it was verified by email - meaning on same computer "Pete" was populated in the signup and I col not add "Mom" cause pete was populated until pete verified his email then the signup page was blank again so I could add Mom.
 

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Regarding PHP 7.3 and 7.4 support

When PHP ships 7.4 is aiming at new code being made, the update of the older code bases is always slow.

Support for 7.3 and 7.4 is already achieved in the Chevereto code, but I can't say the same for all the different libraries, is safer to run it on 7.2.

Bugs

Consider to report the bug in the bug reporting section.
 

puharta

New Member
I have a little query here regarding V4. Will there be any option to upgrade from V3 to V4 without loosing SEO value like URL structure etc.
 
Top