• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Serving Scaled Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbysamai

Chevereto Member
Any plans to serve scaled images instead of resized? Can we do this with GD or ImgMagick? This could help our pages load quicker, see attached screen grab from gtmetrix.com

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 6
Chevereto already does a fast load by using medium sized images by default in listings and in /image/<id>. Big resolution image are loaded via JS so the user experiences a fast load indeed.

At Chevereto we do resampling, which generates better looking results. To be honest I haven't compared pure resizing vs scaling, I will run a test later on.

By the way, Pagespeed or any bot like that will always tell you that the image could be smaller without affecting quality and that is the most ugly lie that I've read in recent time. Is just not true, even using the most aggresive algorihtms that thing will always tell you that a jpg could be smaller.

Last edited:
Thanks @Rodolfo, I really just want to make sure load times are on your top priority list, and optimizing images with the best compression available.

Great software, I really enjoy your updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back