• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Select album page.

imagonos

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I noticed that users can't select which page of the album they want to go in the footer menu. We used to see the page number we were in, plus the previous 2 pages and the next 2 pages on the left and right of it.
To clear things up a bit it was as follows:

< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Now we only see the page we are in and an arrow to navigate forward and backwards between pages.

< 3 >

Is this as intended? Was this changed somehow in a previous release (I updated recently).

Thanks in advance,
imagonos.

The problem when you have full pagination numbers and a lot of content is how expensive are the queries that computes the number of pages.

When your website is relatively small this doesn't show any impact but in large websites I found that it causes huge delays and the best was to get rid of the full pagination.

That's why we don't have full pagination numbers.

Thanks for the quick answer Rodolfo.

As I suspected, it had to do with delays and slowing down the page somehow. Didn't know the queries were carrying such a heavy weight.

As far as my page goes, we are still a little page and, for the comfort of my users, I wouldn't mind sacrificing a bit of speed for it. Is there a part of the code that can be tweaked so the pagination is back to what it was before?

As a sidenote, I think a little formulary to fill with the page number you desire to navigate to (a simple code that fills in the "page=X" in the adress) would be a great asset to include in further patches of the product without charging the page with heavy query loads.

Thanks in advance, keep the good work.

imagonos.

would be a great asset to include in further patches
No, I don't think so. You are the only person who wants that stuff that doesn't reach my minimum user quota to even consider to add such feature.

Back