• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Request to add nsfwjs to chevereto

nntnnc

Chevereto Member
A simple JavaScript library to help you quickly identify unseemly images

Github:https://github.com/infinitered/nsfwjs

nsfwjs is similar to ModerateContent, but nsfwjs is completely open source. Can be self-deployed. In the actual test, the accuracy of nsfwjs does not lose ModerateContent

deploy demo:

docker is very convenient:

Rich (BB code):
docker run -p 3000:3000 ghcr.io/arnidan/nsfw-api:latest

success!!!

you will get an API:

Rich (BB code):
http://127.0.0.1:3000/classify

Yes, that's right. You can even call the API through 127.0.0.1 if you want. That is, local direct identification. Instead of calling it through the public network ip. it will be faster

ModerateContent has limited capabilities and often crashes. I hope the developers consider adding nsfwjs to chevereto, the main thing is that it is completely free. completely open source

It would be much better if we have the option to enter the Host Details and API info. Running on the same server where the Chevereto is running is not recommended, and so you avoid all the unexpected things that may happen via this script.

I understand this request is to add nsfwjs server side, which it has some caveats from being usable in your Chevereto installations. At first, I didn't see any documentation on how restrict access by API key meaning that you will be able to use it locally within the same server where your Chevereto is running but no remote (unless you want to expose the service to everybody).

There's also a client side option for this, which could be used directly on listings and image view. However, it requires at least 2MB of dependencies to load on client device.

I don't think that 2MB is that bad on 2023.

I understand this request is to add nsfwjs server side, which it has some caveats from being usable in your Chevereto installations. At first, I didn't see any documentation on how restrict access by API key meaning that you will be able to use it locally within the same server where your Chevereto is running but no remote (unless you want to expose the service to everybody).

There's also a client side option for this, which could be used directly on listings and image view. However, it requires at least 2MB of dependencies to load on client device.

It is not difficult to use NGINX proxy with nsfwjs to handle the IP allow list or other authentication methods.

I'm concerned that the client side solution will make it possible to bypass moderation.

Another reason is that moderatecontent.com is probably not a highly available service.

Just today, it was down for hours.
And it has happened more than twice this year.

Once the service fails, the website will not be able to accept any uploads without notice.

1699979675642.png

Last edited:

2MB is big for custom. I agree with @nntnnc 's appointment. It's important to us who live in China. Cause NSFW images will let CHINA GFW easily block our website. Hope meets this feature in the next version.

Back