• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Re: The problem of webp in the installation

Drifter

Chevereto Member
Pro
I'm seeing that your frustration is all over this topic, which is a shame because if that's your attitude I'm afraid that nobody in the community will be willing to help you. The problem here is quite simple: Your imagick installation was provided without WebP support, which for our standards in 2021 is not standard. If you get a better configured server this won't be even an issue. But here we are blaming the software...

In any case, feel free to open a ticket and try with the official support anytime.
You keep saying that....

I am afraid you are incorrect in that I will attempt to help this person who PAID for your software. Sadly, nothing my shared host could do would make this "software" aka script function properly. I have raised the same complaint and get the brush off and attitude. I feel the same frustration of the OP and am sharing that around the web.

You have been paid. Provide working software without all the bs, attitude, and condescending replies. All responses are recorded. Screenshots taken of the posts, edits, and replies. They are then posted. Seriously; we support you and the software and get nothing in return other than attitude or modified posts. Are you afraid of the truth?

Frustration? Yep I am sure the OP is for the same reasons I posted. How about you provide free support for issues with your software that does not function within a shared environment as intended. If it is only going to work under a certain set of parameters and on a certain hosting package then that needs to be made clear prior to purchase...

ChevBS.png

Dear Steven,

First of all, I will polite ask you to don't bring these comments to other users topics. If you have something to say you can do it in the Feedback section. Please try to don't incommodate other users.

I am afraid you are incorrect in that I will attempt to help this person who PAID for your software.
That's a "Community Help" section. If you aren't willing to help then don't help, nobody is asking you to help others that's up to you. But if someone opened an issue in the community support and not in Tech Support it means that this person is OK getting help from others and not directly from us. That section is also public, visible to all clients. We understand that users know how to use the support sections accordingly.

You have been paid. Provide working software without all the bs
We provide software. Not servers, not software as a service. Kindly explain to us why you think that is fair that we make ourselves responsible for servers we don't configure neither sell? We do have an official infra, we do have documentation. If it doesn't work there's a bug tracking procedure that will get over the compatibility issues.

The case with missing webp is also being improved in 3.20.15 where the lack of support for it won't longer trigger an error. Being fault tolerant is the only thing we can do, how you configure your third-party servers it is outside of our responsibility.

Dear Steven,

First of all, I will polite ask you to don't bring these comments to other users topics. If you have something to say you can do it in the Feedback section. Please try to don't incommodate other users.

That's a "Community Help" section. If you aren't willing to help then don't help, nobody is asking you to help others that's up to you. But if someone opened an issue in the community support and not in Tech Support it means that this person is OK getting help from others and not directly from us. That section is also public, visible to all clients. We understand that users know how to use the support sections accordingly.

We provide software. Not servers, not software as a service. Kindly explain to us why you think that is fair that we make ourselves responsible for servers we don't configure neither sell? We do have an official infra, we do have documentation. If it doesn't work there's a bug tracking procedure that will get over the compatibility issues.

The case with missing webp is also being improved in 3.20.15 where the lack of support for it won't longer trigger an error. Being fault tolerant is the only thing we can do, how you configure your third-party servers it is outside of our responsibility.

I fully understand that you do not provide servers. That is not the point in the conversation at this point. The point of the post is that this software is paid for and in that regard most paid for software functions "out of the box". For instance, the very forum software you are using here. Had users paid for Xenforo, and they do, there is a certain amount of usefulness implied in that purchase. I download it, install it to my server, it works. Period.

From there the site can be tweaked. Custom mods, custom themes, etc however the base software works. Every time. Bugs are a different story. That gets addressed over time with user feedback and I get that.

Webp has been a bit confusing. I don't care if it complains about it. I can go into files and make changes or repairs. My issue is the attitude that people are idiots type of response since they ask questions regarding this issue. The documentation on that that is unclear and confusing yet when a question is asked the user gets linked to documentation that is confusing and unclear. It is my belief there is a language barrier here or something. I have done support in many situations and I get it that it can be frustrating for you however it is just the same for those wanting a functional package at time of purchase.

Maybe that needs to be made more clear prior to purchase. If you recall, I came here on the "free" version and later purchased the software as well as the update. If I did not believe in you or the software I would not have done so.

More than anything, lets be transparent.... Don't hide, edit, or otherwise reviews or conversations when issues arise. I have not used any foul language and while I might be incorrect in parts of my posts most are accurate. Your house and your rules but when that type of thing happens it implies nefarious reasons.

I provide help where I can and not just here. I don't understand a great part of some things withing this software but I am willing to help where I can. I am fine speaking my views in public and only expect the same. I can be wrong and will admit when I am wrong but believe in open conversations.

You spoke about the posters frustration and attitude and that no-one would help. You also implied that it was a poorly configured server. The fact is, I tested this by purchasing several {read as four} shared hosting packages in various levels. The issues are the same. I posted that reference as well. If the software will only ever function on something at the vps or dedicated level then that needs to be clear and upfront before purchase.

I won't post here from here on as it clearly is an issue for you and thats fine. I disagree with the way things are but that is also fine as this is your forum. If I have an issue I will request support knowing that it does not exist and eventually will call it good and move on. I am disappointed as I like what the software can do when it works.

At this point I have had enough.

Back