• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Re: Chevereto V4 installer available

Drifter

Chevereto Member
If you have issues with this kindly open a Tech Support ticket.

Keep in mind that's this is beta software, and we test our software only on our official infra. If you want to donate infra for testing let us know, otherwise happy testing!
I see you removed what I posted. Thats fine. I am recording and taking screenshots of the responses. 3.0, whatever is not beta. To add, 4.0 for many of us is and was a paid upgrade....... YOU are being paid and therefore even if there are issues it is your obligation to work with paying customers to assist them without additional costs incurred.

Oddly enough, much of the software I have is consistently updated, and supported. I can afford to lose the money used to support you. It is obvious that is not of concern to you. It is important to those of us believing support of a purchased software and its upgrades matters.

Keep on keeping on... The end result will be what it will be... 😉

it is your obligation to work with paying customers to assist them without additional costs incurred.
Tech Support is free around here. It always has been. I don't know what gave you the impression that Tech Support will incur you on extra costs? Of course it is a ticketing system where you have to do some legwork, that's why we offer an extra support layer which is paid, but that's just for those who value getting the fastest hassle-free solution to their issues.

much of the software I have is consistently updated, and supported. I can afford to lose the money used to support you. It is obvious that is not of concern to you.
👉 https://releases.chevereto.com/

Steven, since you got your V3 license in July 2020 we have shipped 24 releases. This year so far we have shipped 20 V3 releases and 2 V4 releases. Do you really sustain that is not a concern for me?

To add, 4.0 for many of us is and was a paid upgrade.......
V4 upgrade has been introduced as an early bird beta access and that's what we delivered. V4 is still on beta, it is not usable, at all, in any given production context. We have mentioned this on V4 FAQ where we also state that compatibility with more systems will happen later this year.

Current V4 works on the development machine we provide (Docker) but elsewhere is still not a sane option.I hope that V4.0.0.beta.3 get us there, fingers crossed!

V4 upgrade has been introduced as an early bird beta access and that's what we delivered. V4 is still on beta, it is not usable, at all, in any given production context. We have mentioned this on V4 FAQ where we also state that compatibility with more systems will happen later this year.

Current V4 works on the development machine we provide (Docker) but elsewhere is still not a sane option.I hope that V4.0.0.beta.3 get us there, fingers crossed!

Like Reply

Fair enough response. I am more than willing to work with you to test things a bit further. I have no issue donating some access to different host either. One big thing I am seeing is a lot of hosts are going to Litespeed at least in a shared environment and I did notice you had made some updates regarding that.

I know I keep hounding on "shared"; sure I can go to vps and dedicated as I have with gaming systems and a few other things but by and large there are a lot of people, myself included, that are more hobbyists than dedicated programmers.

I have spent a lot of money and resources working with opensource projects as I believe it is good for a number of reasons. I intend to keep on doing so. I like the capabilities of this software and I so much want to see it fully work and progress. What I suppose many of my posts sound angry, they aren't. It is more frustration with not having answers or systems working fully. Don't take it personal as it isn't. I am still trying to work around install and functional issues which the new host I have is proving difficult. Thats how it goes.

Anyway, thank you for the response looking forward to see what happens as we progress.

@Rodolfo It is nice to see that things have been progressing. For the most part, on and in a shared environment, installation works for the most part. Really wish you didn't hate me so much but wanted you to know I am grateful for the progress made. I would have sent you a pm but seems I cannot so thats why I posted here. I really want to see this be successful. I know you don't believe that but its the reason I continue to hang around. Take care.

Back