• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Quickty won't happen

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey guys,

Basically, it didn't work and I'm focused 100% in Chevereto. Here is the letter that I wrote about it.

Sorry, it won’t happen
After several delays, I’ve decided to completely drop Quickty development and focus back on Chevereto. Sorry, I wasn’t capable to keep strong development on both projects and at the end, I wasn’t achieving any progress.

Working on both projects was extremely exhausting and the most difficult part was to try to develop Quickty and at the same time carry Chevereto support on an everyday basis. I wasn’t even able to keep the focus on development no more than a couple hours per week and that’s not enough for something like this. Tried all the imaginable ways to make it happen and I failed miserably.

I realized that I’m not ready to offer a new product because Chevereto support drains too much time and I can’t start any new endeavor if I don’t improve that situation. I can’t create new software if don’t fix that hole.

On the other side, Chevereto sales a solid and the user base grows very steady. Hopefully, further improvements will allow me to consider side projects in the future but to be honest, my failure in Quickty has drawn my attention away from side projects for now.

Many thanks to all those who believed in this project but it won’t happen, I just don’t want to work on it anymore and I don’t have time for it so I’m closing the door here.

Sincerely,
Rodolfo Berrios.

Sad news but this kind of stuff happens from time to time. I made my mind about this about a month ago but I needed some time to gather some of my guts before revealing this news.

Regarding the work I did, it was mostly GUI and G\ so I will port everything to Chevereto within the following months. I did some awesome stuff there and surely I won't get rid of that, the whole base of Chevereto v4 will be Quickty core so I managed to keep things on track.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know about this.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

It sounds like you made a good decision. There's nothing wrong with knowing when to change focus.

:)

There will be a time again when you can sit back and carry on with Quickty project. I was waiting to buy it, and that money will be ready in the future too...

Hope to see your usual awesome updates on CHV!

Well its good that you were able to recognize early on that you would not have been able to maintain both projects adaquately. Both likely would have suffered in the end had you tried so good on you for concentrating on keeping Chevereto awesome.

Sad to hear that ... I've been waiting for Quickty around 2 years now ... I told you, I will wait coz I prefer to buy from you as from another developer ... but now I have no other choice as to buy a script from someone other ... sad, very sad ....

The trigger was the anniversary sale here in Chevereto because lots of customers showed up (about 3X more of a normal month) and it was very chaotic to deal with all that. The sale was just one single day but then I worked on support for about 2 weeks so I realized that it will be impossible to work on Quickty if I don't improve things here.

Also, at image hosting Chevereto is king so my goal now is to make Chevereto bigger because it is easier from its position. If Chevereto gets big enough I can hire people to help me and whatnot, but at this time is just not big enough. I don't know how much it will take me to make Chevereto huge and that's why I dished any side project and work 100% until I get Chevereto to top tier level.

We understand. I was hoping for it just so I can have a place to put "PSD"s as my users keep requesting ability to upload a zip or PSD for their image packs.

We understand. I was hoping for it just so I can have a place to put "PSD"s as my users keep requesting ability to upload a zip or PSD for their image packs.

go for a file hosting script instead of image hosting. ZIPs are not images

I dished any side project and work 100% until I get Chevereto to top tier level.

totally understandable. I have been waiting for Quickty myself but it's just like you said.
Managing multiple things with no progress is worse than improving one.

With that being said. I'll be looking forward to the future updates

Bummer, this would have been a great piece of software. I hope you sell it to another developer that can finish it.

Bummer, this would have been a great piece of software. I hope you sell it to another developer that can finish it.
It is not my interest to get rid of any of the work that I did there. I will push everything to Chevereto.

Back