• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Quick S3/Moderation question

LoB

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Quick question, if I plan on using s3 and a user is scrolling for example with the infinite scroll does every thumbnail count as an API request? Also does a thumbnail require the whole images worth of bandwidth, or when its small it cuts some of it?

Also, I've seen in several threads that image upload moderation isn't supported but the features page shows Moderate Uploads, with guest or all settings. Can someone clarify what that means? Thank you

Hi @LoB

does every thumbnail count as an API request?
If the user has cache (most likely) it won't count at all but it will depend entirely on the client device. Perhaps you can put a cdn on top of it, S3 transfer gets expensive.

does a thumbnail require the whole images worth of bandwidth, or when its small it cuts some of it?
Thumbnails are rarely used by the software at this time, like to provide the "In this album" section. Good thing is that for V4 I will use an image server to deliver image sizes on demand.

I've seen in several threads that image upload moderation isn't supported but the features page shows Moderate Uploads, with guest or all settings. Can someone clarify what that means?
The project is quite old, and this community was started in 2008. It is normal to encounter outdated content, in doubt you can always check the releases section and the moderation feature was added in 3.16.0 (2020-09).

Back