• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

PUP Question - link insertion point

Oakley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Haven't really used PUP up to now and only just started messing with it in SMF.

My question concerns where the image link gets inserted into the editor. I assumed it would be where the cursor was placed when you hit the upload button, but the link seems to get placed two lines down after the last piece of text irrespective of where the cursor was positioned.

Most bbcode and similar editor functionality works on where the cursor is so it seemed a bit odd ?

Is that how it works ? Could someone confirm ? :)

Not sure what you mean @Oakley can you show me a screen shot please.

I use pup on an smf test site and also a friend on his smf site through my chev site

Ok many thanks.

Just to be clear this has nothing to do with the "button", that side is fine.

Below is a screenshot of the default SMF editor. In the shot below I want the image to appear between the two lines of text so thats where I position the cursor. I then upload my image using the button but when the link gets inserted it appears two lines below the last line of text.

Basically it ignores where I put the cursor.

Hope that makes sense :)

upload_link_position.jpg

Make sense yes, just tried it on my smf test site and get the same...

Actually it does the same here too, but here it places the image not the bbc code.

Many thanks for checking.

I know that this is not technically bbcode but the button appears as such. Consequently forum users are used to placing the cursor where they want a link etc to appear and unfortunately it does not do that.

I'm wondering if this is just with SMF, perhaps due to the design of the editor, or whether PUP works like that on other forum types.

Ok tested with MyBB forums and it places the bbc code wherever the cursor is, but on quick reply its placed at the bottom of the text :confused:

Ah... many thanks

Presumably then it should work with the SCEditor ? No problem if don't know. ;)

Is not that much on the editor but the software. Almost every software implements editors on its own so the problem #1 is place the actual button and make it work with X editor.

Back