• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Prevent External Websites/Users from using the Image Uploader

Dragonfruit

Chevereto Noob
🎯Description of the issue

I'm trying to prevent external users from using the uploader since SSO does not exist. What I've done is enabled guest uploading, but I'm trying to restrict access to the image page unless they launched the image uploader via the XF board.

Unfortunately when I add the usual HTACCESS bit of rewrite code which I've used to accomplish this with other custom pages, it breaks display functions for Chevereto.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Add this code in htaccess (have tried at the top, bottom, and within IfModule mod_rewrite.c in multiple places:
    Code:
    RewriteEngine onRewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !https://mydomain.com/.*$ [NC]
    RewriteRule . home.php [NC,L]
😢Unexpected result
With this in place, trying to reach mydomain.com kicks me back to the home page just fine. But clicking "Image Upload", shows basically Chevereto with the theme stripped.

Is there any way to accomplish this while cooperating with the existing HTAccess code?

📃Error log message

No error messages.

Last edited:
Back