• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

PreSales for JoelR

JoelR

Chevereto Noob
Hi Rodolfo,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my pre-sales questions. Please assume that I will be using the Core License on one domain. Also, I haven't tested the demo in many years, but I will this weekend, so if a feature is available, you can simply tell me "Yes" to save yourself time. I've read through your feature list and several forum topics, but I'll probably ask some stupid questions.

As a background, I've been running my photogallery for over 10 years with one of the largest and most definitive collections in my niche (NSFW). I've run my gallery on Coppermine Photo Gallery and Piwigo, and now I currently use IP.Gallery using the Invision Community suite. (I've also evaluated many other gallery solutions like ImageVueX, etc.). However, IP.Gallery does not have the tools to keep up with a large gallery so I'm looking to move. I've spent a lot of money last year building bulk import tools (which still don't work!), so it's time for me to evaluate the future of my gallery. My current gallery is 100,000+ images with another 60,000 images to upload.

1. OAuth login integration with WordPress? (eg. I need a community / forum solution, and WordPress is the largest platform in the world.)

2. Batch upload of Images via FTP? (eg. I upload 2000 images via FTP. Bulk-import to a new album.)

2A. Batch upload of Albums via FTP? (eg. I upload 200 folders via FTP, where each folder has 100 images. Bulk-import to new albums.)

7. Lazy load?

8. Shared albums? (eg. any registered user can upload into community album)

9. Mobile swipe support? (eg. swipe left / right to navigate)

10. Notifications -- favicon notifications, desktop notifications, mobile push notifications?

11. Moderated content? (eg. must be approved by me before 'unhidden')

12. Custom conversion service? (I pay per hour and pay well).

Things I especially like:
  • NSFW features
  • ShareX and PUP
  • A lot of things ... Amazon S3 integration, CDN, so many things ...
Joel

If you didn't notice I'm preparing a new major release so most of what you ask won't be included in V3 as I don't have any intention of keep filling V3 with more and more features. I will add bulk import (FTP) and moderation stuff, that's all and I don't have any date for those.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I did see your announcement about v4 -- good luck with the development, sounds exciting!

I need a download manager, and you dropped Quickty, so not sure how I'm going to proceed if I can't bridge to a CMS.

Last edited:
Back