• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Please help a Noob :) - syntax error, unexpected '['

darkufo

Chevereto Member
Hi,

Just purchased Cheverto and uploaded the Web Loader to my server.

I copied the index.php file to a new folder on my server.

I then loaded the file in my browser but I got this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/spoilert/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 83

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

That's just a value printed in some website. To get the real PHP create a info.php file with this:

PHP:
<?php phpinfo();

Remember that this PHP stuff is managed by your web hosting, you must refer your concerns to them because from here there is very little I can do.

Last edited:
Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I know looking at my Hosting Dashboard, that I am running 5.5.36

See attached screenshot.
Post your .htaccess Do you have anything in there that changes the version? Does your server have multiple php versions?

You may need

Code:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php

Or if it says php54 it might be causing an issue.

You must refer this to your web hosting company, easy as that. If they don't have PHP > 5.4 then get another provider.

Thanks everyone.

I created the phpinfo.php file and ran it.

http://spoilertv.co.uk/phpinfo.php

This shows my php as

PHP Version 5.3.29

My .htaccess has this

RewriteEngine on
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php53 .php

So I assume this is setting my php to 5.3

The strange thing is, if I change it to

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php

I then get an error when trying to view

http://spoilertv.co.uk/phpinfo.php
You seem to be hosting with site5. I can confirm that my code I listed SHOULD work properly when you actually run the site. They have multiple php versions installed. Use that in your .htaccess and tell us what it does on your chv site.

Thanks all, I found the issue. It seems I had created a custom php.ini file that was specific for 5.3.

Removing this and setting my handler to php55 now works and I can now install cherveto :)

Thanks all, I found the issue. It seems I had created a custom php.ini file that was specific for 5.3.

Removing this and setting my handler to php55 now works and I can now install cherveto :)
Let me warn you now.. Site5 support has REALLY gone down the hill since they got bought out. I loved them until EIG bought them... then the service started to go down hill. Quality never improved... Etc.

If anything starts to feel weird or goes wrong... I suggest you jump ship fast.

Let me warn you now.. Site5 support has REALLY gone down the hill since they got bought out. I loved them until EIG bought them... then the service started to go down hill. Quality never improved... Etc.

If anything starts to feel weird or goes wrong... I suggest you jump ship fast.

Totally agree. I've been with them for years and have lots of sites on their VPS. Support used to be fantastic, now it's terrible.

Already planning my migration away :)

Totally agree. I've been with them for years and have lots of sites on their VPS. Support used to be fantastic, now it's terrible.

Already planning my migration away :)
Just moved to WiredTree in August. It's been great so far. Much better quality for the same product + more.

Just moved to WiredTree in August. It's been great so far. Much better quality for the same product + more.

That's great to know. Did they handle the migration over? I've got about 10 Domains, and several MySQL databases plus around 400 GB of files

That's great to know. Did they handle the migration over? I've got about 10 Domains, and several MySQL databases plus around 400 GB of files

TMDHosting (which also sponsors Chevereto) gives you free migration and besides of that WHM does account to account migration, is just lovely!

Yes, they migrated my WHM and all that stuff. Some things went a little bit... haywire because Site5 SQL just... died... So I had to get them to restart it after not getting replies for them for a full 24 hours. I was so angry.

Back