• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

photorating.net / 4k image hosting

On the 2-3 images I uploaded, the "processing" time seems long. What hardware are you running the site on?
I'm seeing good processing times. You have to take into account that actual processing time starts when the image says "100%". When that happens, the upload (send the image to the server) is complete and then Chevereto does all the validation, resizing, etc. Actual processing time was very short for me (I uploaded this one: http://www.photorating.net/img/RRO)

I'm seeing good processing times. You have to take into account that actual processing time starts when the image says "100%". When that happens, the upload (send the image to the server) is complete and then Chevereto does all the validation, resizing, etc. Actual processing time was very short for me (I uploaded this one: http://www.photorating.net/img/RRO)

Interesting. After the %100 has passed, I was seeing 10-12 seconds processing for an image that was approx 6MB

Interesting. After the %100 has passed, I was seeing 10-12 seconds processing for an image that was approx 6MB
Thanks for letting me know, I am continuing to tweak the settings on my site, server, and cdn. Geographically where are you loading from?

Well, in any case you have to take into account your connection with the the server. If the connection is slow the bottleneck is actually your Internet speed nothing else.

Is very unlikely that such server has a bottlwneck due to processing, but it could be related to the resizing process which is not great in PHP.

Best that you can do is try to upload the same image that I used and do your own benchmark. If it takes a forever then the problem is your Internet connection.

Well, in any case you have to take into account your connection with the the server. If the connection is slow the bottleneck is actually your Internet speed nothing else.

Is very unlikely that such server has a bottlwneck due to processing, but it could be related to the resizing process which is not great in PHP.

Best that you can do is try to upload the same image that I used and do your own benchmark. If it takes a forever then the problem is your Internet connection.

I am noticing a little longer load times after 100% for larger than 3 - 4MB files. Is there a setting I can modify to speed that up? I have PHP Max Memory at 128.

If you are going to allow up to 50 MB images then you will need to increase everything.

Back