• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Photobucket Image Link Recovery

Couldn't get "Step 1" to work. Chrome extension didn't work for me.

Also, not quite how they managed Step 5 because some parts (like the server name) of Photobucket urls are different and don't follow a set naming convention.

I've used similar techniques in the past on other image hosting providers but Photobucket is just a pain in the rear. Be careful you can really fuke up the database if the SQL queries are not correct.

You can:
  • Get the complete list of URIs and do a huge rewrite rule or do a regex rule (is not that hard)
  • Import the images manually or via custom API stuff
  • Wait until I release a bulk importer
Thing is that PB links seems to vary a lot so I don't have an answer that suits everybody. Also, let's be honest: Manual import is just ridiculous.

If you ask me and considering that the importer is not available, I recommend you to just take the images to a /pb/ folder, preserve all link structure and just change the hostname. Sure, your images won't be listed on the system but you will own the server which contains those images. This one is quite easy to achieve, just bulk download preserve folder structure then upload to your server.

In any case you will need to edit the content database to reflect the new links, is dead easy with some sql skills.

Hope it helps.

Well, if you don't have those skills what about php? You can create a script which read/update all matching entries one by one.

Well, if you don't have those skills what about php? You can create a script which read/update all matching entries one by one.
Sadly I'm self taught by taking things apart and modifying. I can't do what you describe.

My dad told me back in the 80's when he bought our Commodore 64 that I should learn computer programming. I didn't listen, I was 12 or 13. :(

I wonder how different my life would have been?

Is not that unsafe as the repo points out, but the problem is that each software has its own "things" so for some CMS the change will be just one table while in other systems it will be more complicated (more tables, different fields, even binary data). Modify the actual records is not that hard, problem is that is quite easy to break a database with that kind of massive editing because is too intensive so the thing must work in small batches.

For v3.10.X I will work on a bulk image importer so everybody wanting to get rid of Photobucket please prepare to feed me with insights to make that possible. My base idea is to build an FTP based importer (local) + remote importer (prepared list of image URIs). This, of course, not only aims for Photobucket but Flickr, 500px, etc. My idea is to help Chevereto users to get rid of any external image hosting service dependency.

Step one of this process is the upload plugin, which brings Chevereto-powered image upload directly to forums. The plugin is in the final test stage, next release should be out within two days or so. I will start to work on v3.10.3 some weeks after that so this importer should be released sometime in November.

Back