• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Personal Tags/Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
I would like to suggest personal tags/categories for images. This is mainly to allow a user to tag their own pictures with a word or several different words/tags to let them easily find said image later. For example, a photographer may have several different models and they use the albums to sort by event. But, you could easily search said user's images of said model by searching for the model's name which the uploader used as a tag.

No, categories and (eventually) tags are site wide.

Users with custom tags and categories will only drive people out of the main community.

No, categories and (eventually) tags are site wide.

Users with custom tags and categories will only drive people out of the main community.
I'm good with site wide. Will it be possible to limit search further (by choice)? For example: user:jane tag:horses, so only shows images tagged with horses by Jane. But, sitewide would show all horses, I'd just like a way to filter further or users to filter their own images further and exclude the rest (by choice).

Sure, search should be improved with more search operators. No doubt about it.

I think that users do need more ways to categorize or order their stuff. At this time the only tool that users have to label their content is albums and that's falls short, but main problem with this request is that current system focus in the website, not the user. Is not like Google Drive or any similar service that works totally opposite, say focused in the user. This means that any stuff that we add to this system must focus in the website so custom categories or tags breaks that stuff.

I think that we should be able to have more user filters like the ones you mentioned but built-in at user's profile, not just search.

Do you agree?

Rodolfo, I think site wide tags work perfectly as long as privacy settings are respected. Thus, the only private results that should show up are the searcher's own private photographs. Custom tags I feel is not necessary if you can limit the search. Simple thing like search the following: tag:dog will bring up all dog tag photos. But, tag:dog user:arnold will bring up all dog tagged photos by arnold only. This can entirely take place of a individual user filter.

I'm good with what you decide. I'm thinking if you search starting on the user page, would it be like XenForo and filter automatically within that user?

Hello Rodolfo,

I saw some post about tags feature before v4 ... Any more information about date or release number ?

Thanks for your work.

We'll learn about the release when we learn about the release. :) Rodolfo has his own roadmap that he follows at his wishes. He's been improving core features in each release, before, slowly adding more.

For example all the improvements to the image upload process, display, explore, and albums, are all things that were higher priority and needed before tags.

This can be closed out, because of the Tags feature.

If someone wants a personal tag they can literally attach their name to the image and search for multiple tags "<name>, <red>" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back