• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Personal Message

Clipperty

Chevereto Member
This is probably a common question, not as a request. But, i've been looking at new scrips for gallery for a few years, having a website with 12.000 members, and lots of images but no discussion forums nor personal message(pm).
Many of my members sending mails asking for these 2 things, and all i can say are "Sorry but these two things would probably never be added for this kind of Script", this is sad, many like to ask questions for editing images and stuff like that, general help e.g.

So the question is: will this be thought of in future versions?
Or are these things going to be denied at once after a fast review?

I can't really see any minus with these 2 things, if people don't like it, they can disable it right?
The only minus are probably more work for you who make this script, but other than that, only plus!

PM:
+ People get in touch easy
+ Easy to request something from other members
+ Social for all members, have an private conversation.
+ Easy for admin to send warnings, updates, news, contests and so on.

----------------
- More work for the script owner.

Forum:
+ People can access information more easily
+ Members can discuss, add tips and tricks, help each other,
+ Even more social discussion

+ + + + + +
----------------
- More work for the script owner.
- Server(website) load (if u have a bad/cheap host, this are a server crash indeed :p)

One last note, I'm not asking for some premium, advance PM/Forum, the easier, the better.
Or make the script so its easy to merge a forum/with pm system in it.
Now its impossible if you are not a Semi something coder.

Cheers.

PM and internal comments will be added shortly, but I don't see forums anytime soon.

I can fully understand that topics/post are something big on imgur but it doesn't work as a full featured forum at all and to be honest, add a forum is like to make another system so to do that I should at least double the price which is out of the discussion. No one will pay $136 / $196 to have a system with forum just to disable it.

Way I see it, there are great forum scripts out there and the best thing to do is to add support for SSO so any forum supporting that could be hooked to Chevereto or vice versa. In that way we can focus in image hosting and you pick the forum engine that suits better to your needs. If you are into forums you will surely agree that XenForo, vBulleting, SMF, IPB, Vanilla, Discourse, etc. are not the same each other and that's the beauty about it, that you use one based on the kind of community that you want and how you want to run it. Good thing about SSO is that it works with everything so it can be a forum, a CMS, a CRM, etc.

Thing is that when you add more functions to a system you make development each time harder because is harder to add new features, is harder to update those, etc. You have to realize that the problem is not skills but how easy/hard will be to sell what you craft taking into consideration how much cost to add those features and if people will be willing to pay for that. That's why a forum system is totally out of the scope of Chevereto.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Last edited:
It would be nice if there was a simple way to integrate a forum software such as Flarum or Vanilla. Using SSO or the same credentials stored in Chevetero. I am trying to build a community around this, and to have communication would give my users a reason to return to the site day after day, and remain on the site longer.

Hello Rodolfo, How about "PM and internal comments will be added shortly" please? Any update about comments? Thank you and continue in your great work!

Yes, it will be added. I don't know what you meant by shortly, if you mean 6 months then yes, if you meant one week then no.

Yes, it will be added. I don't know what you meant by shortly, if you mean 6 months then yes, if you meant one week then no.

Sorry Rodolfo but I think he was quoting you in one of your comments in this thread. I would love to see internal comments and a DM system update to the Chevereto platform. I'm about to pay a company to have it sooner but I'd rather pay you for the update to Chevereto V4.

Sorry Rodolfo but I think he was quoting you in one of your comments in this thread. I would love to see internal comments and a DM system update to the Chevereto platform. I'm about to pay a company to have it sooner but I'd rather pay you for the update to Chevereto V4.

PM and internal comments will be added but I don't like to mention dates and when I have to I always know that things can get in the middle.

In the short term the features that should be added includes internal comments, not PM.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Last edited:
PM and internal comments will be added but I don't like to mention dates and when I have to I always know that things can get in the middle.

In the short term the features that should be added includes internal comments, not PM.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Really like Chevereto and will definitely be buying V4. I understand you don't like giving dates. I apologize for pushing. Saying that was actually a compliment because I love what you have done so far and appreciate your support when I have questions.

Thanks

Back