• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

peafowl.css generation

WAS

Chevereto Noob
I'm trying to create a new theme, separate from peafowl, however, in the new theme, which is active, Chevereto is still using a "peafowl.css" which is generated for the theme (no file present on the server I can find).

1. Why is this file not named correctly according to the apps/themes/ThemeName
  2. Where is the original file located that this is being generated from? It doesn't seem to be part of the theme Peafowl or the copied Peafowl theme I'm editing now renamed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 18
  1. This file belongs to the basic script (functions)
  2. Original
    /lib/Peafowl/peafowl.css
    Right, the file belongs to the basic script and not to the theme itself.
If you want to add or change something to the design and keep it even after updating the software, you can create the /app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks file in the style.css folder.

1. This file belongs to the basic script (functions)
  2. Original
    /lib/Peafowl/peafowl.css
    Right, the file belongs to the basic script and not to the theme itself.
If you want to add or change something to the design and keep it even after updating the software, you can create the /app/themes/Peafowl/custom_hooks file in the style.css folder.

/lib/peafowl/

Doesn't exist? This file is rendered dynamically.

Thanks. You'd assume this would be part of the theme, and not rendered from anywhere else.

Still not sure how to edit the file when it doesn't exist on the server. Grepping "peafowl.css" comes up with no result, and the only folder is themes/Peafowl"

I found it! I was in /app/.

Again though, why isn't this part of the provided theme? Kinda breaks theming conventions.

Again though, why isn't this part of the provided theme? Kinda breaks theming conventions.

The idea was to provide the frontend functionality and allow other scripts to be included. In this regard, Peafowl was the base frontend framework, used by the Chevereto theme (also named Peafowl).

Quickly that became unpractical because the frontend, on its own, is a huge area of any user software that shouldn't be tied to the backend in any single way, but that's another topic of discussion.

So more just a remnant of the framework and development? It would be nice to just see the backend render out the parts it needs, from the theme, retaining functionality from other software or scripts. This really explains quickly why I haven't seen many focus on themes as it's not really just a quick package and drop in solution. Not that I use themes much except a base frame, I just was curious if anyone else had changed the overall layout of Chevereto to something else.

Back