• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Optimizations = Amazing

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
I spent a great deal of time the last several weeks hounding Rodolfo with questions of how Chevereto works, Googling, searching these forums, and researching my own server. I have a list of things I want to test still. I found a way to make my server about 75% more efficient in loading resources, but, I don't want to restart it yet, so I'll test it on a test VPS.

Anyways, my main site now has a grade of A on Pingdom:

msCrO1.png

So yes, a Chevereto site can hit a perfect 100% performance benchmark :)

Care to share how you did this?

I spent a great deal of time the last several weeks hounding Rodolfo with questions of how Chevereto works, Googling, searching these forums, and researching my own server. I have a list of things I want to test still. I found a way to make my server about 75% more efficient in loading resources, but, I don't want to restart it yet, so I'll test it on a test VPS.

Anyways, my main site now has a grade of A on Pingdom:

msCrO1.png

So yes, a Chevereto site can hit a perfect 100% performance benchmark :)

I did it by following the instructions and researching them very carefully. I weighed the pros and cons, and adjusted 1 thing at a time until I got them all down. I am still working on compression.

I did it by following the instructions and researching them very carefully. I weighed the pros and cons, and adjusted 1 thing at a time until I got them all down. I am still working on compression.

Hah! So I guess you are not going to spell it out here for us non developers? Just ran my site thought the pingdom tool, and want to tackle the first item which was an F, but I have no idea where to start.

ScreenShot2017-07-28at5.26.35PM6d8e0.png

Every tool designed to measure website performance is not perfect. True, those tools helps a lot to detect some must have optimizations like gzip, browser cache, etc. Problem is that some of these tools are designed in a way that it doesn't realize that some tricks are actually needed.

For example, append a query string to static resources is needed to control cache. This allows that in every update that query string changes and the browser can tell that such resources needs to be updated and then re-cached. The only alternative for this is to append that string in the actual filename.

The argument which says that using query string avoids some cache servers to don't work is plain silly and outdated. Any modern cache server detects the static resource and handle the query string just as a recache asset. The browser understand that and the cache (max age) is set by the server/cdn. Too bad if your cache server doesn't understand that and worse if these tools keep whining about it.

Just my 2¢.

I am still working on compression.
As @Rodolfo said not all site tools are perfect. Use multiple site tools to check. For instance the one linked by @Oakley in another thread says I do not have gzip compression enabled when I know for a fact I do and it shows as enabled on others site checking tools such as google page speed insights.

For instance the one linked by @Oakley in another thread says I do not have gzip compression enabled when I know for a fact I do....

It wasn't the tool that was wrong, it was me, I just checked the wrong url.... :rolleyes:

Had brain failure that day lol :D

Hey. I was wondering how you resolved the following:

- Resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
- Serve static content from a cookieless domain

app/lib/functions.render.php

upload_2017-8-24_15-27-2.png

Change this:
PHP:
'versionize' => true
To this:
PHP:
'versionize' => false

But be aware on that your visitors will cache all your JS even when you install a new update, there won't be any indicator to re-cache those sources. You will have issues with peers no re-caching scripts and new features or changes introduced will cause page render errors and stuff like that.

The famous "avoid ? in static sources" lacks the fact that we do it to force re-cache from version to version, not to force re-cache on every load. The grade or rating that you get in the score stuff is just a number, it doesn't mean that your website is worse than another that doesn't do that stuff. Those are just auto tools that measure common stuff, even Google pagespeed throws that Google Analytics code causes a delay in your website which is totally false.

At the end is just a number without true value, you can even detect the IP of those services and deliver an HTML cached version of your website to get a perfect score, but why?

Thanks Rodolfo. Makes sense what you replied, I just thought it was something on my end causing the the "?" and what i thought was a session key, to show up. But now that you clarified it is by design then I would rather keep as is.

Even pingdom complains about me redirecting non www and port 80 to https www lol.

Thanks.

app/lib/functions.render.php

View attachment 1395

Change this:
PHP:
'versionize' => true
To this:
PHP:
'versionize' => false

But be aware on that your visitors will cache all your JS even when you install a new update, there won't be any indicator to re-cache those sources. You will have issues with peers no re-caching scripts and new features or changes introduced will cause page render errors and stuff like that.

The famous "avoid ? in static sources" lacks the fact that we do it to force re-cache from version to version, not to force re-cache on every load. The grade or rating that you get in the score stuff is just a number, it doesn't mean that your website is worse than another that doesn't do that stuff. Those are just auto tools that measure common stuff, even Google pagespeed throws that Google Analytics code causes a delay in your website which is totally false.

At the end is just a number without true value, you can even detect the IP of those services and deliver an HTML cached version of your website to get a perfect score, but why?

Thanks, just like that I now get an 'A'

ScreenShot2017-08-25at5.12.27PM4a853.png

Ok, I had to contribute. Chevereto is getting faster and faster. Love it!
I'm running Chevereto on my own VMware esxi server as a Windows Server IIS virtual machine. I don't even have a 100Mbit internet Connection yet.

Back