• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

One week without getting help

rsunny2012

Chevereto Member
so its been a week since i opened this thread. i did not get any help. this means if customers who paid for the software needs help, we need to pay additional money and then get help ?

what if production site goes down and needs immediate help, we need to pay extra amount to get the issue resolved ?

PS: i am customer from chevereto from 2015. initially support was excellent.

this means if customers who paid for the software needs help, we need to pay additional money and then get help ?
It takes time and care so why it should be free? You get access to the entire software cycle, but support is paid. You have 3 layers of support: Community (free), Pro Subs and Extra Support. It all depends on which support layer are you happy with.

what if production site goes down and needs immediate help, we need to pay extra amount to get the issue resolved ?
You get bug reporting and patching for free, but at my pace. If you need immediate help then you will have to pay to get my immediate attention. Pro Subs get response in 7 days, I think that is fair.

i am customer from chevereto from 2015. initially support was excellent.
I did the mistake of devaluation of my time by providing free superb support for too many years. Of course that you want to get that care for free, but I just can't afford to gift my time any longer. You are young only once!

P.S. My hour at Chevereto Extra Support is only $60. It's a special fee only for Chevereto because my normal rate is way more expensive.

I did the mistake of devaluation of my time by providing free superb support for too many years. Of course that you want to get that care for free, but I just can't afford to gift my time any longer. You are young only once!
I can only agree and say that this is the right way.
Of course, this is not always understandable from the point of view of long-standing customers because you have otherwise always received attention here in the forum.
I myself have for this script with the one or the other customer again and again hilfe leisten, but this was simply (from my point of view) exploited, because the corresponding users probably had no desire to deal with the problem themselves (because of cluelessness or lack of knowledge).

There are so many factors that can bring a script to crash or error. Whether it is the server, the configuration, lack of knowledge of php or just carelessness during installation. These factors can not all be covered by a developer for free.
The script works in most environments with the OS used by the developer. This includes (it comes to mind) Ubuntu 18-22 with Plesk management interface, Keyhelp, cPanel etc....

In conclusion, all I can ever say is....
Never touch a running system... If the script / system works why update or upgrade...
.... and if so then only with a previous backup which you can also safely restore.

I myself find 60 days waiting time for the free support also a bit too much, but that is my personal opinion. Probably I would have waived the specification of days and instead just written "as soon as the opportunity arises".

Conclusion:
As it is at the moment, it is acceptable for me.
If I were working in a production environment, I would certainly use version 3.20 instead of the new 4.0.x version.
It is always the case that with new products (whether it is a game console, a game or a software) there will always be problems at the beginning. These problems will be erased over time (in this case until version 4.1.x).

Notice:

screenshot-chevereto.com-2022.12.27-12_33_49.png
Note .... Does not contain any server problems or misconfigurations, but the developer or helper makes exceptions here from time to time and possibly shows various conflicts.
The third line is also interesting, which is missing for some customers. The exact debugging understanding around the problem on the rascals to come. Simply saying that something is not working does not help in finding the problem.

Last edited:

P.S. My hour at Chevereto Extra Support is only $60. It's a special fee only for Chevereto because my normal rate is way more expensive.
I understand about the extra support. But my request is to make documentation more user friendly.
Please note that without free superb support during the initial days of chevereto, this script would not have been this much success.
Initial support, response from users, ideas from user community only helped chevereto the huge success which is today

I myself find 60 days waiting time for the free support also a bit too much, but that is my personal opinion. Probably I would have waived the specification of days and instead just written "as soon as the opportunity arises".
60 days is what I'm physically enable to achieve in the included (free) tier. Rather than put any time frame, I put what I know I can do and account for.

I understand about the extra support. But my request is to make documentation more user friendly.
To improve the documentation it requires a mutual effort between users and developers. You must share with us parts of the docs aren't user friendly to you.

Back