• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Occasional duplicates with upload plugin

Oakley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Just looking for feedback from others here (not support).

Noticed that occasionally I'm seeing duplicate images from the odd user who is using the upload plugin. These images are recorded as entered within a few minutes of each other and have identical md5. The "enable duplicate uploads" option is disabled.

Normally preventing duplicates works fine, but there seems to be some weird scenario that bypasses the system.

Can I reproduce this - NOPE !

I've asked some of these users for feedback on the steps they took but I can't see anything untowards. What is common is that they use the pup button and when they get to Chevereto they need to login. Now I'm not sure if they then kill the forum post and start again or what really ?? Is something left in memory, or something like that, no idea.

Obviously some images do visually "look" identical but the key check is by looking at the md5 in the db.

Just wondered if others can feedback who are using pup for forum users.

I don't know either.

PUP is just a popup uploader that on success sends the embed codes to the calling window. When it ask for login, it does before upload so I can't imagine how a dupe gets there. It is exactly the same as asking the user to open a new tab and do the thing all manually. PUP doesn't alter the dupe checker, like I said, is just a shortcut of open tab, click upload, etc. It doesn't change anything, is just like another client sending a request to the server.

You need to provide more details to understand this issue, like each image db values (IP, user_id, datetime, etc).

I still can't reproduce this but I do understand a little more of what happens.

Basically a forum member uses the PUP button to upload an image, but they are not a member within chevereto. Consequently, when they get taken to the chevereto login page they effectively have to go through the "sign up" process as well. Obviously this requires them to activate their account once they receive the activation email.

I've no idea of the steps they then take but occasionally this does result in a duplicate. It's the second image that always gets used, somehow their first attempt gets lost somewhere (maybe due to multiple open windows ?) but it does get inserted into chevereto. All db values are identical apart from time which is usually a few minutes apart (presumably whilst they sign up?).

I'll do more testing as I'm determined to find out why this happens lol ! :p

Last edited:
You won't get anywhere if you don't analyze the actual data. Again, which is the (IP, user_id, datetime, etc) of each image record?

I have, where it occurs most fields are the same, including image_md5 and image_uploader_ip

What is different is image_date and image_date_gmt (a few minutes apart between entries). They also have a different image_name so the system has detected a file with the same name and added a random string to the end.

EDIT 11th April 2018: After further investigation I now know this is nothing to do with PUP. This was due to a seperate issue confirmed here

Last edited:
Back