• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Now available on the Vultr Marketplace

The Vultr marketplace is a relatively new product, announced on May 25 and I thought that it will be a good idea to share my vendor experience.

They gave me a panel to create applications, here:

1622851817693.png
Per application I can easily manage the marketplace listing:

1622851891723.png

Building the release and publishing is all automatic:

1622851955734.png

What I do is that I spin a $5 VPS to create the application snapshot, that "master copy" is then used to provide all the actual user VPSs. Directly from the panel I can publish new releases and whatnot.

Dear users,

I've updated the Vultr application and now it only provides the paid edition. I also improved this marketplace application as it now provides HTTPS, UFW configuration, a welcome message, SSH locking while the server is being provisioned, etc.

The Vultr marktplace application includes automatic database setup, for these wanting to give it a try you can check the updated application at https://chv.to/vultr

Hello. You should output this at main console for users, I must go to /etc/apache2/envvars to get it. It is not easy for many people.
CHEVERETO_DB_HOST=localhost
CHEVERETO_DB_NAME=chevereto
CHEVERETO_DB_USER=chevereto
CHEVERETO_DB_PASS=xxxxxxxxx
CHEVERETO_DB_PORT=3306

Hello. You should output this at main console for users, I must go to /etc/apache2/envvars to get it. It is not easy for many people.
CHEVERETO_DB_HOST=localhost
CHEVERETO_DB_NAME=chevereto
CHEVERETO_DB_USER=chevereto
CHEVERETO_DB_PASS=xxxxxxxxx
CHEVERETO_DB_PORT=3306

:( I'm sorry but I'm afraid that it will be always hard when skipping reading the instructions.

1624716984277.png

Dear user,

Our one-click automatically provides the database for you. The credentials are stored by our one-click provisioning there. You don't need to touch anything, the indication is for you needing these credentials to alter those or to connect another database. You don't even need these credentials when using installer.php, the values will be automatically detected from the Apache env vars.

If you have further issues with this kindly open an issue in this repository: https://github.com/chevereto/vultr-marketplace

Please note that we have updated the instructions to indicate that we take care of the database provisioning. I've realized that our mistake here was not to indicate that we also handle that for you.

Thank you.

Back