• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

New Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcello.stani

Chevereto Member
Dear Support,

I purchased the full license and installed it on an Ubuntu server (12.04.4 LTS). I followed the instructions for installation starting with the testing_tool.php and the various config amendments in the includes/ directory.

I am facing two issues :

1. I cannot login to the admin area - even after amending the $config['admin_password'] in includes/config.php. The webpage appears to be loading indefinitely and I get the following apache error in the logs - File does not exist: /var/www/chevereto/admin/json, referer: http://194.1.148.245/chevereto/admin/. This problem is similiar when I setup as a private setup and password is required to upload the images.

2. When I upload and an image I get the error - The requested URL /chevereto/image/R was not found on this server. I understand this a virtual folder as per the config.php but it seems Apache cannot create/access the folder. I initially thought it was folder permissions but even after setting that to 777 for chevereto and subfolders, it hasn't changed anything. See screenshot attached.

Regards,
Marcello

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 33
You need to properly install mod_rewrite.

Last edited:
mod_rewrite can't be fully tested by PHP because PHP only knows if mod_rewrite is enabled or not as an Apache module. Since mod_rewrite alters the websites that you have in your server you need to add a rule for each website to make it work properly.

Take special attention to this:
Code:
<Directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com>
    AllowOverride all
</Directory>

In your virtual host settings.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17745310/how-to-enable-mod-rewrite-in-lamp-on-ubuntu

That worked. For some reason chevereto was being served from the default site rather than the virtual host I created for it. After making some changes, it works and many thanks for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back