• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

New API + Video Uploading / Player

akchev

Chevereto Member
Hi Chevereto!

I would love to create a mobile app for my Chevereto installation and I keep getting asked if it comes with an API. I am not a developer/programmer but I see that the existing API only supports uploading.

Rather than asking for such features; I am curious if the following features can even be accomplished:

1) User Registration / Log-in

2) User Edits Profile

3) User Uploads Files

4) User creates/edit galleries

Anyway, aside from that question. Would enabling Video Support be a difficult task? E.g., user uploads videos and can place it into a gallery if they want etc.

Im sure last question has been asked a lot but I am more curious to if such things are possible or not. Reason being is that I am willing to fund as much as possible to help it comes to life.

I'd love such features. But im sure others would too.

1. User based API will be added in v3.8
2. Yes, enable video support will be a hard task. For Chevereto v4.X there will be video support.

P.S. No release date yet for v3.8

Oh man; i see this was accepted. This is incredible and I am excited to see all of this come to life. Thanks for all of your time and hard work @Rodolfo

Oh man; i see this was accepted. This is incredible and I am excited to see all of this come to life. Thanks for all of your time and hard work @Rodolfo

To be honest I'm still not sure if API or money making features will be the main thing in v3.8, but I believe that any of those will be well accepted.

There will be a new API, but no non-image upload at this time.

I'd love to see video support, it would add a great touch to what is an amazing and refined script.

I would also like to see some paid features added, perhaps along the lines of limited albums without a payment.

Top job @Rodolfo, amazing so far.

Back