• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Need help with migrating images/album using database merge

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
I am trying to migrate images from one of my test Chevereto site to my main Chevereto site. There is only one user with lots of images and album. I thought simplest way was to re-upload those images, but cannot recreate 586 albums.

So I was thinking to import the image and album database table and merge it with my main site DB tables. I have found the below need to be updated

1. Image ID should be regenerated to continue from last image ID of destination site.
2. Album ID should be regenerated to continue from last Album ID of destination site.
3. New Album ID should be updated to corresponding Image for old Album ID.
4. Storage ID should be updated to point to correct destination images. (A new storage location would be created to keep these files)
5. User ID should be updated on all images and Album.

Is there anything else I missed? Also is this a good way to migrate images without breaking the site?

Back