• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

MP4 Uploading

Why you buy an IMAGE hosting script, when you want to host VIDEOS?
Nice attitude... He was asking a question I'm sure many others are wondering about...
Videos are also images, like .gif, which there is already support for. Just as there are many image formats that this IMAGE hosting script doesn't support... Being able to add custom formats to be allowed for upload just adds more user options. Don't see anything wrong with that.

An video will be generated from single images - but is not an image by itself.

We have 2017 - and you still need your video converted into more than 1 format to be sure, it will work on all browser - but each browser (exept only text based browsers) support JPGs, GIFs, PNGs by default.

That's the difference.

Thing with file formats is the libraries that you need to have in your server and the more formats you support the larger collection of libraries you need. Anything related to video needs stuff like ffmpeg and whatnot, which means that for those without server access you need to add php polifills which also increases machine usage. Since those are files are larger, you also need to code a queue process for it.

What I'm trying to say is that is not just touch some lines as some may think. Some developers maybe do that, like just check for mp4 at the end of the filename and don't validate anything. Put videos mixed with images... garbage. I don't work like that that.

This system will be always about images but at some point there should be support for trending formats like webp, webm, mp4, etc but not now because this is an image hosting script and customers expect improvements on that, not mutate the system into some image video hosting.

I am an iOS developer and am releasing an app soon that will upload photos into the gallery. The app also allows users to create gifs but they can be saved as a gif or mp4. I bought this script to host images but will also need to host video so I will modify it myself. GIF file sizes are larger than MP4. GIF don't play natively in iPhones but MP4's do.

This is a large modification, hope that you can achieve it.

@marcanthonyphoto were you able to achieve this?
Also @Rodolfo , after such major changes how would you recommend updating script to the newer version when it drops?

Not the major v4, but incrementals

Back