• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Moderation Queue for Explore

BigBoiJefe

Chevereto Member
Plain and simple. Images that are uploaded in the Explore route need to be moderated. I can't tell you how often I see images not marked as NSFW and are available to the world to see because the user didn't mark them as NSFW.

I suggest the following:

1. Add an option called Include in Explore on the upload page. If the user wants their image to be viewable in Explore then the admin has to approve it. If the option is checked then the image gets added to a Moderation Queue in the admin area. Then if the image is Approved then it's added to the Explore route. If it's not approved, then the image is still available to the public via the link, but it's not viewable in the Explore route.

2. Add white listed IPs for the Moderation Queue, so that images uploaded from those IPs automatically get Approved. In other words, if I upload images, from my ip address I want them to be auto approved for the Explore route.

I'm aware that in some cases there is the need for moderation queue, maybe with extended options like apply this moderation only for certain user groups and things like that. As a matter of fact even in this forum I use a lot moderation based in the user group so I'm aware that is something to keep an eye on it.

But... At this time the progression of releases will trend for social features and to improve the explorer. This means that moderation queue should be pushed after all those features, meaning that it will be implemented but in about 4 or maybe 5 months.

Can we just get an option for registered users so that when they upload they can check "Include in Explore" to have their images included in the Explore route?

Can we just get an option for registered users so that when they upload they can check "Include in Explore" to have their images included in the Explore route?

That's a totally different request and as always, post new requests on new topics. I'm aware of the need for moderation, but I can't do everything at the same time.

Back