• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Moderate uploaded photos before publishing

eliv3n

Chevereto Member
This topic has been discussed before by other users and we are not sure if this feature is currently on development or even it’s on the pipeline, Please let us know.

This is a core feature for us to operate, therefore we are developing this feature which requires admin or moderator to approve the photo uploads by “user” before publishing it to the website.
(This feature should not function if guest upload is active)

Here are the steps
1) User uploads the photo
2) Photo will be placed in queue for the approval
3) Admin or moderator will approve or reject the uploads.
4) Approve photos will be published
5) User get notification on the approval of the photo
6) Rejected photos will not publish but remain in the user account.
7) Admin provide a reason for the rejection.
8) User recieve the notice for reason of rejection.
9) User can appeal the uploads (wrong title, description, category, nsfw) and re-submit for approval.
10) user can remove the uploads.

We are still studding chevereto to figure out what is the best approach to develop this feature correctly. Any advice from Radolfo and other developers which can help us to find the right track will be greatly appreciated.

P.S other developers are welcomed for any contribution in this development.

Is not that hard. You need a DB table storing the approve flag, who approved it and when. I don't think you need a reason for rejection as all falls into "not allowed content". Problem is all the little details to make that working on the client so we are talking about a table, a class, some api controllers, html, CSS and js for the front.

It also needs filtering for listings, actions by user group... Not that easy after all I just wrote 😔

Thank you, anyway we added this feature to the core files, now we are worrying about future updates.
would be great if it was possible to create plugins for Chevereto by not touching the core files.

I am waiting for this feature. My first gallery, Coppermine, has this feature, which is very convenient. Still need the ability to transfer photos to other albums

Back