• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

[$ Mod request] Tumbnails leading to landing pages (displaying ads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotch

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I'm already running an Image Host Site on a VPS for over 1.5 years now. I was looking for a new script for my site and just purchased Chevereto. It looks great and I'm sure it will even better in the near future.

But I ran into the first problem. My users (just a couple) usually upload images and post tumbs into very popular forums. Thousands of forum visitors click on the tumbs, leading to landing pages (view.php) displaying the scaled down image, a couple of ads, as well as a menu, leading to the upload page for example. I earn $1 or $2 a day, which I use to pay the bills for the server.

Chevreto only seems to create BBCode tumbnails leading directly to the full-sized image. Like this, it's very difficult to monetize my new site, cause most users just grab images rather than upload.

So, I would like to receive (or buy for a small price) a mod or receive clear copy/paste instructions enabeling this feature. It would be great to see this feature in future Chevereto releases too. All image hosts I know have it.

Anyone?

Ok so what you want it's the thumbnail + link to the viewer instead of link to the direct image ?

Yeah, I didn't realise that Chevereto has a view.php too. It should also work with multi-upload (all the output BBCode links to the viewer in 1 box).

Since almost all users use BBCode-tumbs-with-links, this should be the first option to choose from (top of the list, just below the image).

I asume I can simply place (or php-include) some ads in the header/footer or in view.php.

Thanks for your reply!

you can modify the links by editing the template.functions.php file at the includes folder

Thanks!

I found some more instructions here. I've set all get_thumb_(> line 291) html and get_thumb_bbcode (> line 309) values of includes/ template.functions.php to "false" and also at the end (line 35 and 36) of content/themes/Peafowl/view.php.

I did some testing and it seems to work; I hope I did it right. Thanks again, it's a great script.

Spoke a little too soon o_O

The multi-link output-box above the uploaded image (http://mygreatimagehost/uploaded) still produces direct links to the image, rather then to the viewer. Did I do something wrong, or do I have to edit some more?

Also, when generating links from the admin's file manager, I still get direct links.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back