• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Looking for collaborators (software projects)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

As you may know already, I made a development framework which I did to create Chevereto V4. I created that framework to easy and speed up my development, and during this year it has matured enough to start the process of considering to build other projects on top of it. Indeed, just look how many stuff I'm already doing with it:
  • Chevereto V4
  • Chevereto V3/V4 Docs
  • Chevere Docs
  • Chevere Reference Maker
Obviously it will power all "Chevere*" namespace including the following:
  • Dashboard (V4 admin web app)
  • Peafowl (V4 user web app)
  • Image server
All the above projects are highly chevereto-related and that's about to change.

Easier and faster development allows me to be more able to craft all the stuff that pops in my head, so I went just all-in creating an extremely pluggable thin layer of software components. This is very interesting because not only I can implement package design for Chevereto, I can also make completely different projects that will bring me more users, income and integrations that will increase the usage of my stuff.

As a demonstration of this, I'm sharing with you two projects in which I've been working on:
  • EndUserHub (got name, investigation, academic research base)
    Social community for software end users, the idea is to take the concept of circles offered by Google Wave (rip) and implement it in a manner of driving the use collaboration based on the user tech scope. It aims to improve the user community around any software by having many user layers.
  • MailChimp alternative
    A MailChimp alternative with support for plugins. Simple as that, I'm Sendy.co user, and I believe that I can make a better product by adding automatic updates, plugins, headless API and queues to handle huge volumes. I want to focus in intelligence, like re-queue emails to a non-holiday to maximize user engage. Also, I want to use it to automatize the generation of user-generated newsletters, like "weekly digest" or "this is what your followers are...".
Regarding these, EndUserHub aims to be the replacement for this forum as it will be a software oriented community board, where I really need to put intelligence over existing systems to lower the human footprint development costs. The Self-hosted MailChimp alternative is because I really depend on email to be in touch with users of my software as it the best way to spread my updates, news and products so it is a must have for me to be able to quickly spawn lists, communicate stuff, and to be able to understand better how to communicate with users.

Both projects bring new users, but most important it makes Chevereto better. Imagine how great it will be to have connected your Chevereto user base with the mailing system and get extended integrated features, or why not, offer a newsletter layer for your users wanting to engage with their followers. That's the kind of new stuff that can happen.

I also have projects that "could be" something, like an a UberEats alternative for small business as in the country where I live there are many small local grocery stores that can't use any delivery app for the low sales volume, I don't know how is this in the rest of the world? The idea is to provide an application where you can access your local grocery shop data, and coordinate delivery/pickup.

I have more ideas, and in fact this topic is not that much about my ideas but yours... If you have any idea of a nice to have (or improve) software product just let me know to talk about it. I asked this the other day at Discord and I got filesharing, audibooks. What does the community have to say? What other software you will like to see made by me?

Calling Devs (and future devs)​

I'm aware that most of you here aren't developers, don't be ashamed. Is not a problem! Few years ago I started doing websites using Dreamweaver, everybody starts somewhere. If you want to collaborate/learn in any of these projects or just get into this don't hesitate to let me know.

For me is a very good exercise to listen and to detect what tools you need to get further. I hope that with this I can drive people into development, if not, well, I will just keep trying.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

What is the benefit of using your framework instead of using Laravel, Symfony, Slim, <whatever existing framework with a large community>?

Sorry, but just asking what everyone is thinking. This seems like yet another Php framework which there are lots of.

@hnn

I think that what it matters is that it brings context.

The framework exists as the result of the 4th iteration of Chevereto, and it was made with an already well defined target audience, requirements, use case and needs. I ignore in which context the frameworks you mention got made, but I did mine accounting everything around here, specially the pluggable situation. From the person telling me that needs a sepia filter up to the one who mentioned folder sync.

If you ask about direct benefit, I could say that it has a neat combo of clean base, explicit standards, many opinions already made, typed, tested, etc. It will great for you if you want to make the kind of pluggable software I'm crafting, or just because you want to use new shiny tools.

There's a lot of chatter here.

Back