• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Limit max. upload size for guests

vlaur

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I wish to see some limits for guests, for example want to limit guests to max. 2mb/file uploaded and registered users to max. 4mb. Now chevereto don't have such an option, can it be make available in next version ?

This will increase the number of registered users and them action with the website.

Any news on this? This is one of the most needed things in configuration of the software, Rudolfo. The Kings solution would be more usergroups with individual setting for upload and file size limit.

Greetings

Klaus

No updates on this and sadly I can't agree on your impression about this feature. As you may notice this request has been here since Sep 14, 2014 and it hasn't got considerable attention by the community. At this time I'm considering other features like XML sitemaps way over this one.

Hope you can understand that I've to make a system for thousands so is hard to keep everybody happy. Eventually I will end up adding everything but it takes time.

Thanks for the fast reply. The main thing on this is, that you need some limitation when your are on a business site. So our users have to pay for this hosting service and so we need some limitations in upload limits, file size, time of beginning and ending a subscription as well.

I can see this as being a nice way to get people to sign up. 1mb for guests 5+ (or what ever arbitrary numbers you want to impose) for people with accounts. Now, given that I don't directly allow non-user uploads... I would love to see the Chev v4x family include this with API improvements.

Back