• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Landing page type homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
This is something that will be bundled soon but since it is something heavy requested I will post the code of the home landing page.

Instructions:
1. Rename app/themes/Peafowl/index.php to app/themes/Peafowl/_index.php
2. Upload the index page attached to this topic to app/themes/Peafowl/

Notes:
1. This will be bundled soon and the current state of this landing page is work in progress.
2. You can customize the target user being displayed just change the target id here:
PHP:
$home_user = CHV\User::getSingle(1);
3. When this gets released you will be able to switch the home page and the user id from your dashboard.
4. This will show the last public images of the target user id. If you see private images is because you are logged as admin.

Hope you can find this patch useful.

Cheers

Attachments

• 3.0.6_landing_page_index.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
When you release this, please make the "Create Account" section at the bottom disappear when I logged in.
Thank you!

Well, didn't really click the red button until now, so i assumed clicking it would open the file browser.
I don't see why you wouldn't do it that way.

Well, didn't really click the red button until now, so i assumed clicking it would open the file browser.
I don't see why you wouldn't do it that way.

Like I said before, and it seems that I complete forgot that I need to use red words, this is a work in progress and is just a patch, that is why it not yet released.

for people still like to use the 305 index.php and give your users the explore function back inside combination with this new landing page.
here is an small edit from my side! im not an pro probably there are much better ways that I don't understand yet haha. im using this cms for learning purpose also because it is small and not so big than other engines.

example.png

after you rename the index.php to _index.php than rename this page to explorer.php and copy it to your pages folder inside your template.

open header.php and find this lines!!!
<li id="top-bar-random" class="top-btn-link">
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url("?random"); ?>"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="icon icon-shuffle"></span><?php _se('Random'); ?></span></a>
</li>

if you find this than copy paste this lines above this line !

<li id="top-bar-random" class="top-btn-link">
<a href="<?php echo G\get_base_url("page/explore"); ?>"><span class="top-btn-text"><span class="icon icon-image"></span><?php _se('Explore'); ?></span></a>
</li>

than save and take a look inside your nav bar there is now one link with name explore include lovely image icon, people can now also look inside the old 3.0 page where all photos are placed and they land on the new 3.6 landing page.

maybe there are better ways than this, im not an pro but it work like I want.

I had the same problem, to solve i deleted all the images from the "user_id" that u put and i reuploaded them.
Yah but this is not good for me, my poster user have much imgs , and still get "Error: Invalid list request"

Told you, this is a raw patch. Next time I recommend you to just wait.

i have rename the old Index page to _index.php and Upload V3.0.6 Index page

After upload . image not shows in landing page and backoffice

Even i loged with user its shows
Manage your content, create private albums, customize your profile and more.

If i back to old index page . website back to normal

i have uploaded the Screenshots here

Attachments

• gsmimaehost.png
    gsmimaehost.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 27
  • dashboard_image13.png
    dashboard_image13.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 24
  • gsmimaehost.png
    gsmimaehost.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 22
  • community_image_sharing_-_2014-04-15_16.37.23.png
    community_image_sharing_-_2014-04-15_16.37.23.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 22
Guys, is a work in progress. The full implementation touch a lot of files which are not here. You are not using the real implementation of this feature just the beta.

But this website Shows Images in landing page http://imgchr.com/

need to do any settings after upload patch index.php v3.0.6

He did custom coding and noticed the issues and patch them himself. That is always the goal when posting patchs in beta status. If you don't know how to do it simply wait for the official implementation which will come in the 3.1 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back