• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Keep retrying upload when external storage is b2

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
💡Describe your Feature request

In case external storage is backblaze b2, the uploader should keep retrying to upload the file until it is successful. B2 works differently than other storage APIs. Their 503 errors doesn't necessarily means that image upload was failed. It simply asked the requester to retry with another endpoint.
So, when a website is setup with external storage API as backblaze b2, it should keep retrying the upload, instead of showing the error on the upload form. It is an inconvenience for users to make a list of failed image uploads, and upload them again. And b2 throws these errors randomly. It doesn't even have to be related to frequency of uploads. I got this error while the website was set to maintenance mode, and I was the only one uploading the images.
I still got error every 10-15 image uploads.
I did setup my php timeout to 1200s and memory limit to 2048M, buffer to 2048M. But it was still the same.

👏Where did you saw this?

It is mentioned on their not so recent blog post.https://www.backblaze.com/blog/b2-503-500-server-error/}
Forgive my ignorance and laziness. Maybe I am wrong. But I feel like if we make an exception and simply retry to upload an image in case of failure, it will be successfully uploaded.

🔥Interest outside our community

No

V3 already "waits" for B2, the problem is that sometimes B2 needs minutes to wait, not seconds. This is not feasible under the current application architecture which is short-lived requests, this can't be made in V3.

This will be only possible from V4 onwards.

Hmm. That makes sense.
Bit sad, I was really looking forward to use B2 or at least make it usable until v4. But, I completely understand what you said. Thank you.
B2 solves lots of problems for cheap. Specially the constant worry of drive failure.

Back