• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

It would be cool to have expired IP-Bans being deleted from the bans list

DarkTexas 🦄

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your Feature request

Right now IP Bans do not get removed from the IP-Bans list when they expire. When yet having this user posting lawful content again and you're trying to ban the user again, you're receiving a message "IP already banned" even if the ban has expired.

As I also like to use the ip_bans db for banning them from my other sites as well, I'd be cool if such a ban has expired they're also deleted from the Ip_bans table.

Is the question not actually whether it is still worthwhile to put on IP locks worth?
There are certainly sources where it can be worthwhile to set up an IP block, but when it comes to human users, most users get a new IP address assigned by their provider daily or depending on the dial-up.

For myself it is not so with the IPv4, but only once a year at most. But the IPv6 changes constantly.

Is the question not actually whether it is still worthwhile to put on IP locks worth?
There are certainly sources where it can be worthwhile to set up an IP block, but when it comes to human users, most users get a new IP address assigned by their provider daily or depending on the dial-up.

For myself it is not so with the IPv4, but only once a year at most. But the IPv6 changes constantly.
I get your point. But as per law in Germany you at least have to "try to do something" against those users. So the original issue stands.

Something is better than nothing, it is enough to increase the cost of crime.
And for some network issue, I don't use IPv6 on my sites, IPv4 is still cooool!

SQL:
DELETE FROM chv_ip_bans
WHERE ip_ban_expires_gmt < UTC_TIMESTAMP()

Last edited:
Back