Issues when upgrading from very old Chevereto version.

Dax

Core license
License owner
▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Install an old old old version of Chevereto (before stats table was introduced), we're going from 3.2.6 -> 3.13.3
  2. Try to update to latest 3.13.3 version
😢Unexpected result

Installer.php throws a databse error when checking if a dump update is required, line 1501 of app/install/installer.php.

📃Error log message

Code:
FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: G\DBException: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'chevereto.chv_stats' doesn't exist in /chevereto/lib/G/classes/class.db.php:391
Stack trace:
#0 /chevereto/app/lib/classes/class.db.php(46): G\DB::get('chv_stats', Array, 'AND', Array, NULL, NULL)
#1 /chevereto/app/install/installer.php(1555): CHV\DB::get('stats', Array)
#2 /chevereto/app/routes/route.install.php(15): require_once('/chevereto/ap...')
#3 /chevereto/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(232): G\Handler->{closure}(Object(G\Handler))
#4 /chevereto/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(132): G\Handler->processRequest()
#5 /chevereto/app/loader.php(788): G\Handler->__construct(Array)
#6 /chevereto/index.php(20): include_once('/chevereto/ap...')
#7 {main}" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.8.1.1, server: redacted, request: "GET /install HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "redacted"

bilderupload

Network license
Beta tester
Try this way... i know its pain, but it should work, in the cheveretos panel for downloading the cms u can download betwen few versions i think, u just should sequentially upgrade versions then untill u come to the final last version, example
3.2.6, in to 3.2.7, then 3.2.7 in to 3.2.8, and so on untill you come to the last one version..

Dax

Core license
License owner
Oh I already created a small code fix to get around it (try/catch), just wanted to report the bug so it could be fixed or documented or whatever.

The oldest version you can download from the panel is 3.12.0 which was released in November 2018, 3.2.6 is from June of 2014 and I think the stats table was introduced in version 3.7.0 which was released in November 2015.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
The system that I used to carry updates has issues due to the changes that I'm pushing all time. In some cases, you will end up with situations like this because I don't have a way to automatically test update X from Y.

I will label this as "not a bug" but is actually a design problem.