• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Issues updating from older versions running older MySQL 5

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I've noticed a common pattern affecting old installations (3.15 and beyond) wanting to update. If you have followed updates this won't affect you, but if you last updated in about a year and you run old systems this will definitely affect you (mysql 5).

The problem is with mysql 5.6 and the utf8mb4 situation, which chopped those indexes and columns and caused table length issues. This has become way harder to handle as there's a myriad of systems out there and everyday I find new context related issues.

I'm still driving a general workaround, the advice is to please use MySQL 8 when possible.

As a side note, all the updating issues in V3 are because we should be already at V5 or something... V3 is way more than just one release and I'm seriously thinking in skip release numbering for V4.

Back