• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Issue with image delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,

our users are reporting since couple weeks this issues:

1. image dont load properly - just half size. Sometimes reload works fine, or even browser change
2. image delete dont work - i tried that and system reports deteled successful but its still in datastore so direct links do still work.

Not sure if it is related to the last update but before it was working properly. Anybody got idea what could be wrong? thank you

Here is more info:

www - www.ultraimg.com
PHP 7.0
mysql 5.7
chev 3.9.2

steps:
#issue1 - i am getting screenshots from different users showing only half image is loaded, it happens very often
#issue2 - upload new pic, delete, still exist in datastore

server is behind cloudflare they checked their end and everything fine there.

thanx

chev 3.9.2
Chevereto v3.9.3 fixes some bugs, you should always run latest version. https://chevereto.com/changelog

#issue1 - i am getting screenshots from different users showing only half image is loaded, it happens very often
Chevereto doesn't serve your images, your server does. Therefore, Chevereto is not the cause of this issue. I checked your website and I noticed empty images rather than half images, could be that my web browser doesn't show corrupted images or something like that. In any case, Chevereto doesn't serve your images so I can't help you with that.

Images are returning 200 OK so it must be a configuration issue at your end. Could be a wrong hotlink protection or something like that.

Finally, this is what browser's console say:
Code:
Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type image/jpeg: "http://ultraimg.com/images/2017/06/11/Gceq.jpg".

Got your email, I can confirm that the image is not being deleted from storage but also I can confirm that the image stored in your server is not corrupted. This means that issue #1 is not at storage but how your server / CDN serves that file. My guess is that if you flush CloudFlare cache it should works.

#issue 2 needs full access to your server, you provided limited access. To debug this issue I need to touch PHP files.

Problem was that your server can't handle SHMOP (but it says that it can). I've disabled SHMOP in your server, I will try to detect why it says that can work with that stuff.

Final update on this:

Problem was SHMOP but I'm not certain of what's the actual issue. Chevereto uses shared memory to handles its lock system which basically prevents the system from running queue jobs at the same time, when that is not supported it fallback to a file based lock system (which also works pretty fast). When using shared memory, Chevereto auto determines the memory id key and in your server that auto id key didn't worked as expected, that memory block can't be read/write, it is indeed very odd no logs at all about it. No warnings, no nothing. I believe that what happened is that the memory block got blocked somehow, maybe too much i/o to be honest I don't know so I will stop on how I think it got blocked.

In any case, this tells me that this lock system is not safe to use in your machine because I didn't get any warning. Since your machine is custom built, there could be issues in the implementation of shared memory or even hardware issues. It will take me too long to detect it because nothing is ringing a bell and cherry on top is that if you provide another ID it works flawlessly.

Maybe it will work fine some time and it will crash/block again, maybe the stick is failing, maybe is just a false positive, maybe it just was bad luck and that ID allocation is used by other software, too complex yet to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back