• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Introduction to ServerPilot, perfect for Chevereto!

Lastopp

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Thought I would share this smart solution I have been using for my Chevereto site. It is called ServerPilot and has been up since 2013/2014. ServerPilot is a different kind of hosting control panel, I know one of the founders of the project was Amazon's first sysadmin and the other founder is known for discovering exploits in Linux.

How it works
It's pretty simple, almost too simple.

Let's say you buy a VPS from OVH with Ubuntu 14.04. After you recieve the installation email, take your IP and password and enter it into ServerPilot and in a few minutes they install Apache, nginx, PHP-FPM and MySQL. They also set it up so you don't need to configure anything, and when your site grows your configuration is updated in the background.

When installation is complete you upload Chevereto to a folder like apps/storage/public/chevereto and that's it. You don't even need to CHMOD or install GD, CURL or any other extensions. Everything is pre-installed.

Why I recommend it
You don't need any knowledge within Linux and even if you are a Linux guru ServerPilot will probably beat your typical setup easily. They don't just install everything you need, there is also some heavy security, firewalls, automated updates and so much more, https://serverpilot.io/features

Oh, and it's free.

https://www.serverpilot.io/?refcode=d452260a6ea9 (refferal)

ZQC2U3X.png

HPiinaY.png

Last edited:
Looks nice to save a couple commands when building the thing but also keep things updated. I hate to manually update everything, check dependencies, permissions... so boring.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Back