Installation issues in MySQL 5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

javajiver

Network license
License owner
Hey there. Just installing the Network version and came up with this error: Installation error: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'destinat_chev1.chv_settings' doesn't exist.

This is a new install with version 3.13.0, via FTP and the Auto Installer

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Are you absolutely sure that this is really a 100% clean install? A clean install means install from scratch, no previous database and no previous files.

Please confirm so we can move this to Bug reporting.

javajiver

Network license
License owner
Initially it wasn't but we did delete all the directories and databases to start from scratch several times and each time with the same issue.

We tried via FTP 4x and the self installer once with the same result and new databases. Each time deleting all the files.

We opened a ticket to install it to see if it works that way.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Initially it wasn't but we did delete all the directories and databases to start from scratch several times and each time with the same issue.

We tried via FTP 4x and the self installer once with the same result and new databases. Each time deleting all the files.
If you get issues on a clean install chances are that the SQL server badly configured for Chevereto. I can't tell you exactly where or why because I don't have that information yet. The only way to discover that is by doing the procedure and debugging every step. That process is really slow, it is a manual procedure where I have to detect exactly what is causing trouble.

We opened a ticket to install it to see if it works that way.
Installations using that method usually take less than 24 hours. In your case, it was impossible to use the cPanel API to install Chevereto in your server and you didn't provide a valid target website URL. You have a website setup where everything in /somedir goes to /southpadre, so I can't install Chevereto in yourwebsite.com/chevereto neither at yourwebsite.com/southpadre/chevereto.

I'm sorry but I can't work in these conditions. I need at least a working directory where I can put the files and do my testing, completely separated from the rest of your websites in that server. Please don't expect that we will figure out this on our own, that is completely outside of the scope of this Community support.

javajiver

Network license
License owner
I see. The free version installed just fine. We can try on another server that has PHP 7 running and Easy Apache 4 if that helps debug it.

We will try to install one version down to see if that works in about an hour or so. We will let you know if that was successful.

We have it redirected to that directory but installed chevereto in the root there. It's an old website we are replacing as installation doesnt effect the directory you mentioned..

We will try in a bit.

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
In any case, I can't review anything because is impossible to determine the cause. I don't have a working directory in your website and I don't work with assumptions, only with real results and tests.

If you get me a working directory I can do all the testings you want.

javajiver

Network license
License owner
We removed the files. Please place it in the root directory stated in the request when you have the time.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
I've confirmed a bug affecting installations running MySQL 5.6.

There are issues related to the emoji support, which caused a change on several tables from utf8 to utf8mb4 and that it wasn't detected neither on development or in the beta program.

To address this, we have to either make the DB changes needed to keep supporting MySQL 5.6 or we simply set a new baseline standard. Keep supporting MySQL 5.6 is in my opinion is a bad idea because the current version for MySQL CE 8 is ahead in performance, functionality and security and there's no reason why not to use it. Same goes if you see this from the MariaDB alternative, version 10 is something very common nowadays in any well-known hosting service provider.

We will drop support for MySQL 5.6 and I suggest you to get a service provider with more recent software. Maybe you have a ongoing long-term contract with this company, in that case I suggest you to use 3.10.12 until you can freely move to a server with better software support. This is not only because of this current issue, but because I detected old software in your server and that will be always an issue in software like Chevereto that is always being updated and adding new stuff.

javajiver

Network license
License owner
Thanks. We will when we can upgrade this. We will delete the install for now if you guys are done with it?

Glad we did discover a bug ;)

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Go ahead, you shouldn't have any issue. If so, just let me know and I can re-check.

Status
Not open for further replies.