• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Installation fails with a 404 error after unpacking files

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFirebreak

Chevereto Noob
🎯Description of the issue

I error out on a complete fresh install.
As soon as I go trough the installation steps, it errors out on "404 /install not found" after the refresh when the installer is done downloading an unpacking all the needed files
I have also tried downloading the zip and unpacking it in the directory, same error.

I am running an apache server trough WAMP, My permissions are correct, rewrite module is enabled and works. Using PHP 7.2.10 and have tried other versions aswell (7.1.5.22 and 5.6.38)

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Put the install index.php in an empty directory of the website
  2. Click "free" (as im trying to see what chevereto is, before I want to buy)
  3. wait for the installer to refresh, after downloading and unpacking the .tar
  4. 404 error pops up with "can't find /install"
😢Unexpected result

Not able to install chevereto from a complete fresh install

📃Error log message

Apache nor PHP provides any error :(

Attachments

• 2018-12-28 19_19_03-Window.png
    2018-12-28 19_19_03-Window.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2018-12-28 19_19_25-Window.png
    2018-12-28 19_19_25-Window.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 8
When using Apache, you need to set AllowOverride All in your vhost settings, otherwise your server will ignore the .htaccess provided by Chevereto.

Apache Server
You will need Apache mod_rewrite. By default, Chevereto comes with a .htaccess file that manages the URL rewriting so you only need to upload this file and make sure that mod_rewrite is enabled and working

If you have issues with pretty URLs and Apache try enabling the RewriteBase / directive and make sure that in your virtualhost you have Allow Override All

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18740419/how-to-set-allowoverride-all

Try restarting the server. If that doesn't help then you aren't modifying the file that Apache actually uses for your vhost.

Try restarting the server. If that doesn't help then you aren't modifying the file that Apache actually uses for your vhost.

Hey there, I just figured it out. It was indeed the AllowOverride.

The vhost was setup correctly, however WAMP installs like to hide some more settings in the httpd.conf. After changing another pair of AllowOverride settings, the page now lets me continue with the setup.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back