• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Install V4 in localhost Server

rsunny2012

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Currently i am running Chevereto 3.20.19 on main server. I would like to check V4 once in my localhost docker / cpanel server.
My plan is to install my existing site ( Copy files, DB ) to my localhost server ( Either docker container or cpanel server on my home machine) and then upgrade it to V4
I have both V3 and V4 license. During installation of V4, i would need to enter the license key. After entering the license key how will license bind to ?

can i install v4 on my localhost server ?

The license is required to (1) access to the application files and (2) to grant the permission to use the software.

For access (1): Chevereto V4 is distributed without DRM (DRM free) as we trust that your usage will fall in the fair use definition. We don't enforce license checking after the software has been downloaded. You can take the package and freely install it anywhere you can and need to (refer to License).

For permission (2): At this time we aren't binding hostname to licenses, we want to add that in the future but don't worry about that for now.

Back