• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Inserting the „Shariff“ plugin

Coolhand

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I really want to give the visitors of my site the possibility to share the pics in the social media..

Right now, with the new GDPR there should be a opt in, before the visitors can share it.
One possibility is the sharif plugin :https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff

How can I get that plugin integrated instead of the build in shared methods?

Greetings

Mike

I don't think that we need this at all. When you share something, the system shows/hide data depending on content privacy.

In any case, the instructions are quite easy to follow. You shouldn't have any issues trying that stuff.

Last edited:
Yes and no...

The problem is, that -normally- as soon as the Facebook share button is on the website, Facebook is getting Data from the page.

With an opt in , Facebook will only get Data after you have clicked the opt in... and that is allowed according to the GDPR...

Wrong.

All Chevereto share buttons are just links. When the user click these, it only pops a window that follows a link. Chevereto doesn't load any third-party asset for these buttons.

Facebook can only see what any robot can see (Google, yandex, etc).

The GDPR says that the visitor has to give their okay before you share their data. So for the most sharing buttons there must be an opt-in.

In Chevereto these are just Links to your Facebook page or something else.

When you insert a comments plugin, a like/tweet button or any kind of that crap, you have to load external assets from the other party (service provider) which goes into the form of insert some JS snippet or even just a transparent 1x1 image. By doing that, they can track all kind of data like IP, device, geo, etc. Pretty scary to appreciate the fact that social networks are just the bound between browser data + personal data.

They should ask if they can stalk you in that particular website, I remember only Disqus asking me if it was OK to do that thing or not.

Anyway, the point is that since no external assets are being loaded for that sharing functionality, we don't need to worry about GDPR for that functionality.

Back