• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

FlexJ

Chevereto Noob
I know a lot of you here use Mandrill for sending your Chevereto mail (including myself).. I'm guessing It's okay to post this? think it's the right section if it's okay?

What you need to know
The application's functionality and look and feel are not changing at this time. Here are the important changes that will affect your account:

• Starting today, Mandrill will adopt MailChimp's Terms of Use and Acceptable Use Policy. These terms reinforce that Mandrill should be used for transactional email, and bulk email/email marketing campaigns should be sent through MailChimp. In addition, MailChimp's Privacy Policy, which has always covered Mandrill, has been updated. If you have any questions about our policy changes, please emaillegal@mailchimp.com.
  • To continue using Mandrill, all users will be required to have a paid monthly MailChimp account by 4/27.
  • All Mandrill users will be required to verify their sending domains and add SPF and DKIM records by 4/27. This is already in effect for new Mandrill users.
  • Starting 3/16, all new Mandrill accounts will be created and accessed through MailChimp.
  • Starting 3/16, the Mandrill mobile application will no longer be available for installation. It will remain functional for existing users until 4/27.
  • Our billing and pricing model is also changing. MailChimp will generate one consolidated bill that covers your MailChimp and Mandrill charges. Mandrill credits will be sold in blocks of 25,000 emails. Blocks will start at $20 per month. This goes into effect once your accounts are merged.
  • Any existing discounts, free credits, and free accounts will no longer be valid once your accounts are merged.
What you need to do
  • If you already have a paid monthly MailChimp account, you'll be able to merge your accounts starting on 3/16. We'll send detailed instructions at that time.
  • If you don't have a paid monthly MailChimp account and decide to create one, you can go to mailchimp.com and do so at any time. You'll be able to merge your accounts starting on 3/16. We'll send detailed instructions at that time.
  • If you haven't already done so, you'll need to add SPF and DKIM records and verify ownership of your sending domains. Here's an article explaining how to do that. Starting 4/27, Mandrill will not send any email from unverified domains or domains without valid SPF and DKIM records, including public domains like gmail.com and yahoo.com.
If you don't have a paid monthly MailChimp account merged with your Mandrill account by 4/27, then your Mandrill account will be disabled.

TLDR: basically you will need to have a paid MailChimp account by April 27 and this will now become a paid add-on.

MailChimp recommends SparkPost as a Mandrill alternative for developers looking for a transactional email provider. FREE: https://app.sparkpost.com/sign-up

Blog: http://blog.mailchimp.com/important-changes-to-mandrill
FAQ: https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217467117

I've just tested SparkPost and the deliverability is 10/10. I got some issues like these:
Code:
-2.43 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level above 50%
-1.729 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
But I got rid of them by using proper HTML (default template is really bad) and disabling link tracking (I hate that from mandrillapp, plus the hidden 1x1 tracking image). Thanks for sharing the info, SparkPost is very similar to Mandrillapp and I'm moving my emails there.

Cheers.

I've just tested SparkPost and the deliverability is 10/10. I got some issues like these:
Code:
-2.43 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level above 50%
-1.729 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
But I got rid of them by using proper HTML (default template is really bad) and disabling link tracking (I hate that from mandrillapp, plus the hidden 1x1 tracking image). Thanks for sharing the info, SparkPost is very similar to Mandrillapp and I'm moving my emails there.

Cheers.

No problem, Sendgrind is what I use for my Chevereto as my site always had issues with arvixe sending (even though I think you used this on the demo fine?) I've played around with SparkPost and not the best UI but it does the job, will probably move all my projects to Sendgrind (over SparkPost) free plan (under 12,000) though from Mandrill.

Update: I've dropped SparkPost due to their rate limiting issues, now I'm using SendGrid. I encourage to avoid SparkPost not only because the false positive rate limiting / suspensions, but mostly because there is no support at all.

I wasn't using SparkPost for email marketing but they limited my account because I sent 60 mails in one hour... Seriously, they suspended my account for that stupid reason. Those 60 emails came from this forum, demo signups and my no so often DMCA notices to web hosters. I never had a suspension with Mandrill because they just limit your sends and delay your emails (that's fine) but SparkPost just suspends your delivery asking you to explain why you are sending that much. Is funny if you think about it, they say that they will allow you 10,000 emails per day but they delayed me when I sent 30/hr and now they suspended me when I sent 60/hr and my total for today is just 137 emails.

Like I said, I encourage everybody to avoid SparkPost.

Hope to don't get issues at SendGrid.

Hope to don't get issues at SendGrid.

I use MailGun as the mandrill "problem" starts and everything with them is fine. When u add adult domains, they set them on hold and u have to contact the support. I tell them that I use it just for confirmation mails and they accept that and activate my adult domains.

Because many people add wrong mail adresses at sign up, I have an bounce rate at 7% now - but still no problems with MailGun.

I think sparkpost is best for former mandrill users. I am currently using it, and it is great.

Using Mailgun since it's Rackspace and I've had previous dealing with them and using their services so I know what to expect.

Back