• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Image Viewer Ideas

carminejg3

Chevereto Member
I have been researching a few scripts like this for a while and my suggestion for Chevereto is to work a little more on the image preview page.

I know each upgrade of feature has a time, but if you look at bing or google images, when you click an image, they present the option to page through other images. I noticed that chevereto only does this with albums. It's also difficult to see how to get back to the main image area if you click a solo image not in an album.

Example: This image shows two arrows < >
http://demo.chevereto.com/image/B4B

This one doesn't:
http://demo.chevereto.com/image/dca

Here is one that I feel would help increase users actively on the chevereto picture board.
http://pintastic.co/pin/366965/

- Has easy to see prev/next image buttons,
- features a few random images in-case a user is looking for other options.

Hope this helps.

I still don't figure out what to do with those arrows if they will there for every image. You can't tell what exactly those arrows means unless you put some context, for instance if I come from the home listing those arrows means to me that I will move within where I came, but those listings are like unindexed dynamic galleries. So I I was viewing "most viewed" then I clicked in something if an set of arrows will be there always should be related to that context, not just the next or previous ID because I came from "most viewed" not "most oldest".

I think that the best solution is how is working now and for any additional browsing the random feature does a good job.

The arrows basically just move you to the next "pin" or image...

so if you are viewing image number 5 the arrows will take you to the next higher/lower image in the gallery.

From my experience, you just want to make it very easy for people to find more images I love the way they also use the 9 images in a box to show a group of random images. A feature like that will keep people busy browsing the site plus stacking them over/under an add might help cover some of the cost of running the site.

we know that

I know each upgrade of feature has a time, but if you look at bing or google images, when you click an image, they present the option to page through other images. I noticed that chevereto only does this with albums. It's also difficult to see how to get back to the main image area if you click a solo image not in an album.

this is a request to have the arrows appear to allow a user to click through images

I will include a full screen on listing image viewer, it will have arrows and thumbnail navigation relative to that listing. The arrows in /image/<id> will keep being used only for images that belongs to an album.

Cheers.

Last edited:
AWESOME..... I really do feel this will help Chevereto users maximize their page views, plus, give a nice place to insert an ad.

Back