• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

image hosting community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imgur has his own way of doing things and I don't think that the same way applies for everybody. There are dozen of image sharing communities, each one with its own thing and the challenge for us (Chevereto) is to review everything and take what we found useful.

imgur has +/- votes because the community is reddit based and reddit always had that +/- thing. What I'm trying to say is that the +/- thing works only for them.

But, it is good to downvote/dislike something. Wish something like it was there on the Facebook so that I could dislike all the posts from people who use social network as public journal/diary. Com'on !! :mad:o_O

Facebook doesn't have dislikes, it has likes and reactions. For now I'm not going to add +1/-1 system here because likes don't even engage that much.

Before starting to think in add and keep adding more and more stuff we have to focus in make things work, better. Then we should start to think in add stuff just to fill some gaps.

Last edited:
Facebook doesn't have dislikes, it has likes and reactions. For now I'm not going to add +1/-1 system here because likes don't even engage that much.

Before starting to think in add and keep adding more and more stuff we have to focus in make things work, better. Then we should start to think in add stuff just to fill some gaps.
I didn't mean I want a dislike button. My response was sarcastic. :D There's no need to look at that side atm. I am really happy with the current priority of development. I would like it to go down that lane.

We really don't need a dislike button. We can add it later when we have to sort the images based on like/dislike. However, I think there should be such system for internal comment. So most upvoted comment will be at the top. It works great for discus.

Last edited:
imgur has something very important -

1. Vertical ads - it's very important from the perspective of money making
2. light box kind of image zooming - personally i believe that its a bit better than chevereto image zoom
3. fixed width listing - in chevereto you will have to tweak and play with jave script to make this possible..

Last edited:
imgur has something very important -

1. Vertical ads - it's very important from the perspective of money making
2. light box king of image zooming - personally i believe that its a bit better than chevereto image zoom
3. fixed width listing - in chevereto you will have to tweak and play with jave script to make this possible..

I agree with first 2 points. We need a default template with a sidebar for an image viewer. I like the lightbox effect to zoom in the images.
and, Ability to show images in an album like Imgur. Sidebar with sticky fixed ad is a great way to have a non-intrusive advertisement. It is pleasant to users and at the same time has effective CTR.
That being said, We don't need to drive this script into another Imgur clone. We just need to inherit some formula that has been tested and actually works for these giants. Sidebar ad, and ability to present all images in an album as a horizontal list is a great feature.

I know it can be achieved by custom theme or theme override, however, it would be great if we could have an official theme that has just that. We need to have more themes for this script anyway. Why no have it?

I don't know how to label this. This is about a display issue? A theme? Votes?

Out of scope it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back