• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

How to upgrade from Chevereto V4.6 to latest version

rsunny2012

Chevereto Member
Hello,

all these days i used to upgrade the website using copying files via cpanel. now i dont have cpanel installed, what is the proper way to upgrade the version to latest version. previosuly we used to upgrade directly from admin dashboard in v3.
documentation says to over write all files from ftp. if i transfer files from winftp or other ftp software, it is taking so much time for uploading all folders and files

what is the best way to overwrite files under public_html to upgrade the software

This documentation is not 100% complete and so confusing. This documentation has for cpanel and docker and other systems.
My question was how can i do it via ftp as i dont have cpanel.

documentation says to over write all files from ftp. if i transfer files from winftp or other ftp software, it is taking so much time for uploading all folders and files
what is the best way to overwrite files under public_html to upgrade the software

FTP is a dated protocol, just like SFTP. It amazes me that people still use it. The only stuff you can tweak is how many files you can upload simultaneously and if you are lucky it will take about 3 hours to upload all the files.

There's a VPS alternative where the system downloads the Chevereto zip file and extract that in about 20 seconds. Mind checking the docs https://v4-docs.chevereto.com/guides/server/vps.html

If you keep using FTP you will have to get used to an experience similar to watch paint drying, try to modernize a bit.

Back